New (used) owner needs help! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Picture 5

I don't know what the third jack is in your fifth picture (the one with something plugged into it), but here is how my video system is wired. I can watch television as received through the antenna or insert a DVD into my stereo system and see the video on the television and hear the audio through my stereo speakers. Everything is already wired and I just have to plug in the DC power cord, the yellow jack, and the antenna jack.
Attached Thumbnails
Egbert-018.jpg   Egbert TV Wiring-003.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Where did you acquire this unit and from whom? It looks to be stripped down of some basic items.
Really, CPA? What possible business is it of yours our ours to want this information?
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
Really, CPA? What possible business is it of yours our ours to want this information?
Yeah. A trailer made in 2010 may not have all the paperwork that came with it but it's still an Escape and worthy of the name. Everything pointed out by the new owner can be explained by someone (certainly not by me as one who has a minimum amount of plumbing) and then modified to meet the new owner's expectations.

I think it's exciting and I wish the new owner all the best with his or her new rig as there are great times ahead!

Edited: Yikes..."as one who has a minimum amount of plumbing in her trailer."
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:43 PM   #24

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I suppose that it might be helpful to know what information the previous owner may have provided about the state of the fresh water system, but at this point I don't think it matters. Hooking up the water pump isn't a big deal, and can be done easily without any information about the trailer other than what can be seen by just looking at it (in person).

Is there anyone in Tappy's area who is familiar with RV plumbing (there's nothing special about how an Escape is plumbed) and can visit for a few minutes and point out what needs to be done? Any RV repair service can do this, but they'll presumably charge a substantial fee, and they would be motivated to "find" lots to be fixed.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
...i took an oliver diagram and modified it to show the basic representation of a 2010 19's fresh water plumbing components. This is diagrammatic only. Do not rely on it to accurately show valves or actual routing.
thank-you !!!
Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #26

I LOVE this camper. LOVE LOVE LOVE The water pump not being hooked up doesn’t change that. Thanx to you all I’ll get it figured out. If not I’ll call someone to help me. I’ve been scrubbing inside and out for days. I’m so excited to be going camping to see my son in college this weekend.

Oh and I don’t need to winterize. South Florida.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
I was interested in whether it came from private seller vs used vehicle lot. The lack of plumbing could be explained by the prior owner but from a used car dealer you may be out of luck. There have been Escapes sold other than by owner in the past.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:55 PM   #28

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappy View Post
Thanx for info so far!

Is the attached photo the inverter you were mentioning?

Yes, that's your inverter. They have true sine wave output and voltage regulation among their features.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #29

Quote:
I was interested in whether it came from private seller vs used vehicle lot. The lack of plumbing could be explained by the prior owner but from a used car dealer you may be out of luck. There have been Escapes sold other than by owner in the past.
I am the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner bought it 1 1/2 years ago from original owner. He camped his way across USA to South Florida where I eventually bought it a couple weeks ago. It’s been parked in a storage lot for over a year. It was pretty filthy. Getting her in shape though.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
I am the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner bought it 1 1/2 years ago from original owner. He camped his way across USA to South Florida where I eventually bought it a couple weeks ago. It’s been parked in a storage lot for over a year. It was pretty filthy. Getting her in shape though.
Did you ask them about the missing plumbing or possible explanation?
Old 10-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Did you ask them about the missing plumbing or possible explanation?
Nope. There was a bed on top of it and I didn’t notice it. Plus it was in a storage lot so no electric or water to test anything. Yikes! Everything else works though.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Nope. There was a bed on top of it and I didn’t notice it. Plus it was in a storage lot so no electric or water to test anything. Yikes! Everything else works though.
There is always a solution for everything! You Just need some time and advice. This forum and all its knowledgeable members will get you there!
Congratulations on your Escape!! Wishing you lots of happy trails for the future!
All Escapes are awesome!
Old 10-24-2018, 08:42 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Maybe the OP bought it “as is” for $500 off the side of the road. So what? Private parties made a deal and the buyer is overall happy if the stereo would work. Re the water pump: you might want to search a few other well worn threads on this forum.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote