Observations in Prairie Schooner - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 10,596
Observations in Prairie Schooner

As I go about "outfitting" the new unit, several items have been observed. ETI is now protecting the rear of the tank monitor mounted in the overhead. In the past, one had to be careful placing items that could damage the electrical connectors there. BTW, the new monitor has an illuminated water heater light when on, one less mod to do.
The curbside o/h are a about 2" smaller than the street side o/h, due to the awning bump in the shell. The outlets are a new style, they are not the residential type used in the past but are sealed and narrower. If you were planning on adding an outlet, you will need to replace with a regular 120v UL approved duplex outlet. I had contemplated adding these, but they will not work with the new style outlets https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NH2A8...JZZQFA6YJ&th=1
The new interior lights are thinner and smaller but definitely brighter. The new door shuts very solidly as the entire frame has been reinforced. Has a residential feel when closing and locking. Further observations to follow:
__________________

__________________
Jim
never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Holland, Ohio
Trailer: 21 on Feb 28, 2017 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Posts: 287
Sounds good, Jim. I like hearing that about the door.
__________________

stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
J Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Posts: 1,743
For those of us that aren't sure, what's an o/h ?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hill on the Moon, Texas
Trailer: Perhaps in 2017
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The outlets are a new style, they are not the residential type used in the past but are sealed and narrower. If you were planning on adding an outlet, you will need to replace with a regular 120v UL approved duplex outlet.
new outlet pic perhaps showing difference? thanks
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #5
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 10,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
For those of us that aren't sure, what's an o/h ?
overhead....
__________________
Jim
never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Sounds good, Jim. I like hearing that about the door.
Yeah, the door is one of the three reasons why we switched our order from a 2016 style to the 2nd Gen style.
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Lucy & Spike (the cats)

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: Casita 17' (sold) .... 2017-21' Escape forthcoming !!!
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
As I go about "outfitting" the new unit, several items have been observed. ETI is now protecting the rear of the tank monitor mounted in the overhead. In the past, one had to be careful placing items that could damage the electrical connectors there. BTW, the new monitor has an illuminated water heater light when on, one less mod to do.
The curbside o/h are a about 2" smaller than the street side o/h, due to the awning bump in the shell. The outlets are a new style, they are not the residential type used in the past but are sealed and narrower. If you were planning on adding an outlet, you will need to replace with a regular 120v UL approved duplex outlet. I had contemplated adding these, but they will not work with the new style outlets https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NH2A8...JZZQFA6YJ&th=1
The new interior lights are thinner and smaller but definitely brighter. The new door shuts very solidly as the entire frame has been reinforced. Has a residential feel when closing and locking. Further observations to follow:
Thanks much for posting this Jim

great to hear

great to see ETI always striving to improve... in every detail.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Kountrykamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Middle, Tennessee
Trailer: 2013 19'-sold/2017 February hatch
Posts: 969
How about a closeup pick of the tank monitor with the water heater switch on?
__________________
Tom
Kountrykamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:45 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Kountrykamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Middle, Tennessee
Trailer: 2013 19'-sold/2017 February hatch
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
How about a closeup pick of the tank monitor with the water heater switch on?
Or a closeup pic.
__________________
Tom
Kountrykamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
J Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
overhead....
Thanx, I never would have guessed that!
__________________

J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.