Outdoor Room - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 01-14-2016, 03:08 PM   #11
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Ours is a woven polypropolene mat that folds fairly flat. It goes into a bag and sits right on top of the batteries in the front storage box.

2009 Tacoma Crew Cab, TRD 4WD
2007 Tundra Double Cab TRD 4WD
2014 Escape 19
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #12
Trailer: 17ft B Escape "lark"
i use one of those plastic woven ones not heavy -I'm weak- i have a large one and a smaller one the large one has to travel in the trailer so if im taking trips with frequent stops / over nights i use the small one. cheep, light , easy to clean

Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:42 PM   #13
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Never had a trailer so we are unfamiliar with the routine. I've noticed most people have some kind of rug that they put in the area that would be under the awning to serve as a clean floor for their outdoor room. Makes sense. Cleaner than sitting on dirt but it begs the question, what do you do with the rug while in transit? Roll it up and just put it on the floor of the trailer? How do you keep the bottom of the rug clean so it doesn't funkify the inside of the trailer?
The ones I referred to that we have are extremely light and small (about 5' x 6 1/2') and inexpensive (two with s&h about US$40) from etrailer and they fold up into next to nothing. So we each have our own to position where we want. Sweep as needed. There are at least three of them on their website, the ones with straps for carrying, however, you are not likely to want that design since outdoor mats come in so many designs. Adventurerv now has some (others) on sale. We also did not want big heavy dirt collectors and these meet that. I am sure that many other people would prefer one big one and you may, too. You could fit two chairs on one of ours though.
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:49 PM   #14
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
For those that have the Patty O'Mat or the RVAwning mat, are these mats lights and fairly flexible? Our daughters bought us a mat for our trailer and, while we appreciate their thoughtfulness, the mat is heavy, takes two of us to roll it up and must be stored in the back of our truck. Thus, we're looking for something a little less bulky and easier to handle.
Light, folds back to the original size as opposed to rolling it up. Still in good shape, maybe a couple stretch marks where chair legs have left permanent marks, at 10 years old I won't complain. As I mentioned, we got the optional carry bag.
Happy Motoring
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:29 PM   #15
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Thanks all. I can see a new mat in our future ...

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:29 PM   #16
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
As we pretty much only boondock, we really, really like having a mat the full size of the awning. It is an easy to clean buffer for dirt, and makes a great place to stay out of the rain, with the water running right through it, instead of making muck.

For us it is ideal, albeit a bit large, though stowed folded, it does not take up much room and allows other stuff to be stacked on till of it.

Or first Patty O'Mat, now being regularly used by my brother, is at least 15 years and still in great shape.

I have some friends who are happy with smaller ones though.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (someday soon, I hope )
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #17
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
You bring up a very good point Jim. The mat/rug we currently have is so thickly woven that water takes a long time to seep through. A thinner mat with a looser weave would be much better in inclement weather.

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote