Outside LED Light Strip - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #21

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
On our 2016 Escape the controller for the light strip is in the rear corner where there is a small compartment. I lost the remote and ordered a replacement that looks exactly like the one in the paperwork I got with the trailer. I have yet to install it but have no reason to think it won’t work. Actually I ordered two of them. Can’t believe how cheap they were on eBay.
Attached Thumbnails
5399C61F-665A-4400-B31D-3C9D6390C294.jpg  
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 19 foot
Thanks for this AK! I see it on Canadian Ebay. Could take a while to get here from China. An easy fix if the remote is faulty but otherwise if it's the receiver I still have to find it, apparently buried inside a dead space. Regarding the question of the power to the awning, it still does not work with the power turned on to the awning.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #23

But in the cabinet above the bed there is a small white panel apparently secured by something covered by 4 white button-like coverings. Might be in there? Maybe I'll investigate.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #24

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Steve, the frustration with the awning itself seems to come more from those who have not used one, than from those who have. As far as the light strip goes, something like it failing is a pretty easy fix if needed.
When I read all the posts about the electric awning failures I just assume those posting their frustrations are from "those who have."

OTOH, I do understand why some prefer the electric awning. However, the manual awning is superior for our needs, yet everyone's needs are different.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 04-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21
We picked up our 21’ last Tuesday, and are still exploring our options. After seeing this thread, I began looking for my LED awning strip, and had a hard time finding it. At first, I looked at the camper side, then looked at the outside of the awning; when it is extended slightly. Aha, there it is! But I don’t yet, know where the magic switch is, to turn these lights on. More looking.

I’ll report back later, after I get out of my lawn chair. Haha.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There should be a remote on a lanyard....
Old 04-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There should be a remote on a lanyard....
It’s on the remote that controls the awning. Right arrow for increasing light level, and left arrow for decreasing light level. Also, continue to tap left arrow past it’s lowest level until it shuts off.

——————-
The L.E.D. strand is located on the body side of awning, and it’s visible after extending the awning a foot or so.
——————-
Yay! We gots lights.
Attached Thumbnails
3E9A8F0B-4B60-45B5-ADDF-1D7605E46808.jpg  
Old 04-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #28

This is new, my 2016 had 2 separate, it is now combined? Progress or not....we shall see
Old 04-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #29

So you have to dim it all the way to turn off, the old style had a separate on/off and separate dimming, son once you set the brightness it can be fixed. Now you have to dim it all the way down to turn off?
Old 04-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #30

Quote:
So you have to dim it all the way to turn off, the old style had a separate on/off and separate dimming, son once you set the brightness it can be fixed. Now you have to dim it all the way down to turn off?
I forgot to ask at orientation.

In Idaho now, and I’ve had almost three minutes to play with it. But even if there is another way, holding on a button till it turns off, isn’t difficult. The buttons are continuously variable, and only need to be held down; not cycled through steps.

As in; hold right as the lights get brighter; then hold down left as the lights dim and then shut off.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:40 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
This is new, my 2016 had 2 separate, it is now combined? Progress or not....we shall see

Indeed. Only one remote to keep track of now. Or lose. I’m guessing the new, integrated setup probably doesn’t have the seizure inducing, epileptic strobe mode that the older one has though.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:18 AM   #32

Quote:
Pressing the LED button in the center, turns it off and on without affecting the desired level.

The manual is found at:
https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...ro-kit-_-22533
Rrgramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
Pressing the LED button in the center, turns it off and on without affecting the desired level.

The manual is found at:
https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...ro-kit-_-22533
Thanks, I uploaded here in the files section.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #34

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
It’s on the remote that controls the awning. Right arrow for increasing light level, and left arrow for decreasing light level. Also, continue to tap left arrow past it’s lowest level until it shuts off.

——————-
The L.E.D. strand is located on the body side of awning, and it’s visible after extending the awning a foot or so.
——————-
Yay! We gots lights.
This is exactly the remote we have on our 2018 19. Neither it nor the awning nor the LED lightstrip have given us any trouble so far. And I have to say, the lightstrip is one of my favorite options, no regrets whatsoever. It is wonderful to sit outside at night with it on, and it doesn't bother anyone else who might be camped nearby. The illumination it provides is sublime. We do have to keep close track of the remote control, however, I'm way paranoid about losing it. In camp it sits on its little magnetic holder by the door, but while under way we put it in the drawer. Hope you enjoy yours as well!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #35

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
$6 Awning Light

I have not had time to write this one up yet, but $ 6 will buy you a 5 meter roll (more than 5 yards) of water resistant LED strip lights for an awning light. The wires from the controller are just sitting there waiting to be used by the remote control. Use the strip inside or out or add an extra switch to switch between inside or out.
It will all be written up later in the month at the link below.
Attached Thumbnails
BCF6E9FF-1BC2-4EF7-9DC8-652580414400.jpg   29730ED3-D427-4894-9A1C-8EBB07F86D1A.jpg   011D372A-3BF9-4A0C-A586-F7DEE532912C.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #36

I would check all connections as I found mine had a wire that had pulled out. Luckily it was the orange wire that does not need to be hooked up.
Attached Thumbnails
A12CCC02-37DF-476B-89B9-88693061D84A.jpeg  

Old 04-15-2019, 03:23 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I would check all connections as I found mine had a wire that had pulled out. Luckily it was the orange wire that does not need to be hooked up.
I love it everytime I see a bundle of crimp connectors!
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #38

Not my preferred method of connecting wires, even though it is an industry standard.

I have gone through a bunch of solder and heat shrink so I know my connections are not coming apart.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #39

O.K. this thread has wandered, in an interesting and useful way, but here's the happy ending to my little adventure. I found the receiver, under the white cover in the compartment above the bed, but that was not the key. Fooling around with different scenarios, I put the old battery back into the remote, and it started to work. The battery I had replaced it with was an MN27, which the hardware store told me was equivalent to the A-27 that came with the remote. Apparently it is not. I expect that the unit quit working because the battery terminal was slightly tarnished. Putting batteries in and out seems to have restored it to usefulness, as it now works with the old battery. I see online that Canadian Tire has the A-27, so just to be sure I’ll get a fresh replacement. Back in the light!
Old 04-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
O.K. this thread has wandered, in an interesting and useful way, but here's the happy ending to my little adventure. I found the receiver, under the white cover in the compartment above the bed, but that was not the key. Fooling around with different scenarios, I put the old battery back into the remote, and it started to work. The battery I had replaced it with was an MN27, which the hardware store told me was equivalent to the A-27 that came with the remote. Apparently it is not. I expect that the unit quit working because the battery terminal was slightly tarnished. Putting batteries in and out seems to have restored it to usefulness, as it now works with the old battery. I see online that Canadian Tire has the A-27, so just to be sure I’ll get a fresh replacement. Back in the light!
Yep Keeping a thread on the OP subject is a lot like herding cats.