Outside power pole questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #11

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Okay guys, this is from Dirk (told ya he'd never post on this forum and he's still not):

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is great information and just what I needed to know."

So, he's very appreciative of the answers here. He's already clicked on the links provided and looked at the power poles and said "this is just what I need".

He also said that he's not running 50 amp and if I ever decide I want a big ass 5th wheel he's going to scream very loudly for a long time. I told him that's not happening as I have absolutely no desire to drive one of those monsters, which is why we're getting a 21 foot fiberglass trailer. He said that if I win the lotto I might change my mind. Nope, still a big ass monster to drive, regardless of how much money I have.

So, anywho, thanks much for the replies. We're not digging the ditch this weekend, but he'll start on the first step (hopefully) this weekend.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:09 AM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
In my locale, the electrical work you are describing would require that I get a building permit from the town and have the installation inspected and approved by their electrical inspector. Hope you have considered any similar requirements at your location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
This weekend Dirk is doing some work inside the house's power panel so we can eventually run power outside for the trailer. There isn't any outside power outlet right now, but there will be eventually.

He needs to know what sort of plug the trailer will use. 120 or 240? And anything else that I can't remember to ask.

What all does he need to know? We'll eventually dig a ditch for the power and have it connect to a pole that will stick out of the ground that the trailer will plug in to. Not sure if I explained that properly, but at least I didn't use the very technical term of "thingie".

Hopefully you folks will know what I'm trying to ask and can provide the correct answers and any tips he might need to know. Thanks!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:17 PM   #13

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
In my locale, the electrical work you are describing would require that I get a building permit from the town and have the installation inspected and approved by their electrical inspector. Hope you have considered any similar requirements at your location.
Yep, he's aware of that and is talking to someone about that today after work. Thanks for your concern though.