Oven problems - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Cool Oven problems

We are having difficulty lighting the oven. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting the issue? Thanks.
Mac Man
Old 10-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Make sure you’re holding your match at the right place. It can help to shine a flashlight in there while lighting. You’re holding the pilot button pressed in while trying to light, yes?
Old 10-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
i use a 'wind resistant' bbq lighter with a flexi shaft, bent so it hooks slightly to the left. light it, hold the knob in with it in the right position, and wave it around to find the magic spot, then hold the knob another 10-15 secs. as you lie on the floor and look in the oven burner compartment, its on the right side of the main burner tube, about 3/4ths of the way back.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:15 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply. The pilot will light in the oven. However, when the oven knob is released the 'bar' (for lack of better/technical word) carrying the propane to heat the oven will not light up. It's as if the propane is not getting to the 'bar'. Yes, I have enough propane in the tanks as they are both full. Any other thoughts? Thanks.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:18 AM   #5

Thanks, John in Santa Cruz. Yes, that is the way we light our oven also. It's just that the burner tube will not light after the pilot lights and we do the other things you discussed. Until a few weeks ago (we are on the road for 3 months) it worked just fine. Now, all of a sudden it doesn't work. Hmmmm.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #6

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
If your tanks are full then perhaps your LP regulator is kaput. Would be helpful if you could test your LP pressure at the oven with a manometer to see if it’s in spec.

You might also give a call to the appliance manufacturer’s tech support folks to see if they have other ideas.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:28 AM   #7

Good thoughts! Thanks.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
so the pilot not only lights but stays lit when you release the knob ?

the pilot warms a thermostat tube, which once warm opens an internal main safety valve that allows the pilot to stay lit AND the main burner to light. this is all done in the oven control valve assembly, which has like 4 connections (gas in, pilot out, thermostat in, burner out)

Mine is a RV-1735BBP, which they call model 35... this is on the stove top under the lid, between the two rear burners... remove the stove lid, then press the front edge of the stove top firmly back about 1/2" til the front lifts off, lift it up about 45 degrees and pull it towards you to unhook it from the rear.

here's the maintenance/service manual for stoves 33,34,35
http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ice-Manual.pdf

it suggests several possible causes for your problem, including poor gas pressure, plugged oven burner orifice...

also has the parts listing.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #9

Problem solved...by my wife! She decided she had enough of me not making any progress on this problem. So, she took a knife and banged on the burner tube a few times and puff, it lit right up. My guess is that the tube was clogged with something and propane was not getting through. How it got clogged I have no idea.

Regardless, thank you all for your suggestions and help. Now, thanks to John in Santa Cruz, I have a manual for the stove: much appreciated.