Posting photos - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
gabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Posts: 1,212
Posting photos

Thought I had read a while back something about posting pics from a Macbook Pro ( sometimes stuff just takes so long for non-techies ) ...... can't find it . We can't seem to post any photos here and would love to share ...... so far everything is rejected as file too big and am wondering if the thing is trying to pick up the whole album ..... our sizes usually work for everything.......... any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated .
__________________

__________________
All things in life are easier to swallow with a good cup of tea .....
gabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 10,715
Re: Posting photos

You need to reduce the image size to 600 pixels on the longest direction ( wide or tall ).
Look for Image Size in the photo processing program you are using, or look for Save For Web ( or something similar ).
And, you can only file two at a time with a minute or so between posts ( that's to stop spam ).

When you change size, "save as" with a different name so you retain your original pic.

baglo
__________________

__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
gabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Posts: 1,212
Re: Posting photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo
You need to reduce the image size to 600 pixels on the longest direction ( wide or tall ).
Look for Image Size in the photo processing program you are using, or look for Save For Web ( or something similar ).
And, you can only file two at a time with a minute or so between posts ( that's to stop spam ).

When you change size, "save as" with a different name so you retain your original pic.

baglo
Thanks for your help ( and it did help ) , kind of hoped there might be a resizing thingee on the forum ..... being a couple of non- techie old croaks we always wish for a little window to pop up and say "click here " and then pc everything . Iphoto doesn't actually have a resize option - it's just album storage so I had to go choose pics and place on desk top then resize and make a posting album - which I will now try to post -2 at a time ..... again thanks
__________________
All things in life are easier to swallow with a good cup of tea .....
gabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
JCZ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 124
Re: Posting photos

Gabi, if you host your photos on a photo hosting web site then this might help you....(click on this link).... http://escapeforum.org/index.php?top...18531#msg18531

I'm technology challenged also. But with the help of others, I've kind of stumbled around and learned a few things along the way. I hope this is of some help.
__________________
Educating myself to the 5.0.  My tow vehicle will be/is a 2012 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4.
JCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gabeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Posts: 1,212
Re: Posting photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ
Gabi, if you host your photos on a photo hosting web site then this might help you....(click on this link).... http://escapeforum.org/index.php?top...18531#msg18531

I'm technology challenged also. But with the help of others, I've kind of stumbled around and learned a few things along the way. I hope this is of some help.
Thanks ... I noticed that , need to check into that .... it is nice to ( and handy ) post a series of pics rather than by 2's ......
__________________
All things in life are easier to swallow with a good cup of tea .....
gabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Bruce Wray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pollock Pines, California
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Posts: 452
Re: Posting photos

I use shrinkpictures.com -- it's easy. Set for 600 pixels. Once done, I right click on the image, "save as" to desktop, then attach to the post, then recycle.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
woodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 15A
Posts: 102
Re: Posting photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wray
I use shrinkpictures.com -- it's easy. Set for 600 pixels. Once done, I right click on the image, "save as" to desktop, then attach to the post, then recycle.

Bruce
Ive got my pic reduced and on my desk top but can't see how to attach to my post
__________________
2007 Toyota Tundra
2011 Escape 15A
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,652
Re: Posting photos

if it is reduced and on your desktop then you click on additional options and there will be a button for attachments, click it and it will take you to your desktop where you click the photo and "upload" button.
__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
woodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape 15A
Posts: 102
Re: Posting photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 (jim)
if it is reduced and on your desktop then you click on additional options and there will be a button for attachments, click it and it will take you to your desktop where you click the photo and "upload" button.
Thanks that worked.
__________________

__________________
2007 Toyota Tundra
2011 Escape 15A
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.