Power Tongue Jack - Husky Purchase Install - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #1

Trailer: E
Power Tongue Jack - Husky Purchase Install

We have a new 2018 19’ Trailer. We are out on our maiden camping trip this weekend to try it out near to home before any longer trips. We purchased a lot of the options offered by ETI in our Build Sheet but one item we changed and didn’t have included was the trailer tongue power jack. It is an item that can be added afterwards and well now is that afterwards. I’m not sure what model ETI was going to sell us; however, from my reasearch we are interested in purchasing the Husky Brute HB4500 Power Trailer Tongue Hitch Jack. Looks like it is sold through Costco online (in Canada - may be sold in stores in the States?). Yes it is a bit larger than is really needed for a 19’ but not bothered by that. Anyone have any experience or stories or advice regarding this product that can help in our decision? Is it a DIY installation or any advice on that? :campfire
kimann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:16 PM   #2

Installed Husky Brute Power Jack

As a follow up to our original post, we ordered the Husky Brute 4500 Power Jack from Costco and with some great input from Reace at ETI we installed it to our new Escape 19. It is very quiet and comes with two remote controls. Hopefully the pictures load ok. You will also see a plug holder that comes with the unit. No more cranking for us which will make me less cranky when dealing with the jack.
Attached Thumbnails
9D2C5B15-ED7E-489C-BF67-18466F470BA1a.jpg   2714531A-2186-404C-B031-1FAAE5178D62a.jpg   F4A809C9-A337-4330-A1CB-B26A6B5E0C6Aa.jpg   056770DD-BCE4-4573-89F8-49C00542D320a.jpg  
Old 06-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
What is the purpose of the remote controls?
Old 06-15-2018, 01:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Something you might have already checked but worth mentioning if you haven't-- See if there's a way to crank it by hand if the battery fails.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #5

The remotes are useful when leveling the trailer. You could stand by the bubble level at the side of the trailer and watch the bubble while moving the jack up or down until the desired level ness is attained.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Something you might have already checked but worth mentioning if you haven't-- See if there's a way to crank it by hand if the battery fails.
Yes it comes with a hand crank in case there isn’t battery power. On the top of the jack there is a rubber seal that you pull open and insert the manual handle in there. It also has 3 lights (those round things on each side of the jack) in case you need light at night. I haven’t tested how good that light is yet.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
That's good! The one ETI installed for me has the same. I never would have thought of it but once I was camped next to some people it had happened to and it stuck with me. That was when I was still just a cranker.