quick 19 construction question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #1

Trailer: 17
quick 19 construction question

Just curious of anyone knows what the arrow is pointing to along the top inside of the 19 footer? Looks like little washers or bolts maybe? Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
escape19arrow.JPG  
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Re: quick 19 construction question

Hi: gocamp... Those are the inside ends of the fasteners for the awning rail. The awning material stays attached to the outside of the trailer along there and rolls out from the rail. Using this system allows you to be able to replace the awning fabric/vinyl when necessary. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #3

Trailer: 17

would you happen to know if they are drilled completely through the shell? There is quite a number of them. I am guessing drilled, not molded into the shell since we can see the back of them right? Thanks
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: gocamp... I'm guessing the number and closeness of them has to do with the length (12') of awning and the possible force of the wind pulling against it. The rail is as well sealed to the fiberglass as the windows and with the same butyl tape; I think. Thats my unofficial take on it. Reace could answer for certain.
The difference from say the Scamp or Casita is that with the rail/awning attached to the body as Escape does it there is no space for the water to drip or run down except at the designated spots provided at each end of the rail. With the others the awning stands away from the body encased in a tube. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Yes, and unless you have had one of the others (ours was a Casita), you just can't imagine how much nicer the Escape's canopy is!!!!!! That space between the body and awning tube spawned many an idea of how to close it so the rain off the roof didn't drench you : - ( Of course, Casita said it was for sun only, not for rain. Good Try!!!!!! Thank you Rease for doing it right! And as I can see, WELL anchored to the trailer. I almost never opened the Casita awning, I ALWAYS open the Escape's.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)

You are correct, these are rivets that are holding the awning track in place. You won't see them inside on the finished unit as the insulation covers them to prevent them from sweating.

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote