Re-installing emergency exit window screen. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Cathy we use the exit window on our 19 as long as it isn't next to road . But had to call Escape when screen came off and couldn't get it back on . It doesn't go back like you would think .Was hard to reinstall a couple more times , now we got it . Drilled hole and have a pin to install on opening arm so it won't close unexpectedly , saw someone else had posted on forum .maybe there are replacement parts you could get . Pat
Pat, can you give me a little more detail on how to reinstall the screen? I took mine out to clean the frame thinking, "how hard can it be?" Now I know ... Pretty hard. Where do yo along the clips and do you reinstall from inside or outside? Thanks!
Rich

Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #12

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Pat, can you give me a little more detail on how to reinstall the screen? I took mine out to clean the frame thinking, "how hard can it be?" Now I know ... Pretty hard. Where do yo along the clips and do you reinstall from inside or outside? Thanks!
Rich
I will as soon as I get out to trailer . Pat

Patandlinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Rich
Rich you install from inside . Kind of put one side in twisting just a little . The clips you see do not go in a grove they sit on the first ledge . You should see about at least 1/8 of the outside edge inside your trailer . The clips hold the screen tightly in the frame . Let me know if this helps ? Pat
Old 06-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Rich you install from inside . Kind of put one side in twisting just a little . The clips you see do not go in a grove they sit on the first ledge . You should see about at least 1/8 of the outside edge inside your trailer . The clips hold the screen tightly in the frame . Let me know if this helps ? Pat
Thanks, Pat. Gonna give it a try this afternoon and will let you know. I think it's like the awning; once you figure it out you say, "Oh, so THAT's how it works!" We'll see ...
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #15

Quote:
When I say outside edge being inside your trailer , I am meaning the outside edge of your screen being inside trailer having about 1/8 of the frame edge showing in your trailer . The screen then is snapped tightly in the window frame . Pat