Re-installing emergency exit window screen. - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Midland, Texas
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Posts: 4
Re-installing emergency exit window screen.

Never mind: I finally figured it out. THanks
__________________

SammyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
KarenH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Posts: 1,924
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I just removed mine permanently as I never opened that window. It's amazing how much more light comes in through the window. What a view!
__________________

__________________
Karen Hulford
2013 Escape 15A, "Egbert"
Ford 150 XLT 5.8L
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,611
My wife came to me a few days out from Osoyoos looking worried. Said the screen came out and she couldn't get it back in. I showed her the wire clips all the way around the perimeter and explained they go along the edge of the frame and just wedge the screen in place. I guess she thought she broke it. Another crisis averted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I just removed mine permanently as I never opened that window. It's amazing how much more light comes in through the window. What a view!
Karen, do you have an opening back window? I open the egress window to get cross ventilation... Ten Forward really needs it in the U-shape dinette when it's warm outside.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
KarenH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Posts: 1,924
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Karen, do you have an opening back window? I open the egress window to get cross ventilation... Ten Forward really needs it in the U-shape dinette when it's warm outside.
My opening windows are the back side passenger one and both front (driver and passenger) side windows; non-openers are the rear, kitchen and front windows. With the Maxx fan and screen door, I get plenty of ventilation. But remember I have a very small trailer and I try to avoid camping in any temps above the 80s.
__________________
Karen Hulford
2013 Escape 15A, "Egbert"
Ford 150 XLT 5.8L
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,831
All that makes sense Karen. THANKS!
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,904
We open our emergency window on the 21' but did not on the 19'. The screen on the 19' did not fit right and there was a rubber seal that was messed up that we could not get back on right.

On the 21', not those problems but others. We open it but the arm is bent or something else is wrong and it can only be propped from the outside now. We had not used it very much when it went bad.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
We open our emergency window on the 21' but did not on the 19'. The screen on the 19' did not fit right and there was a rubber seal that was messed up that we could not get back on right.

On the 21', not those problems but others. We open it but the arm is bent or something else is wrong and it can only be propped from the outside now. We had not used it very much when it went bad.
Cathy we use the exit window on our 19 as long as it isn't next to road . But had to call Escape when screen came off and couldn't get it back on . It doesn't go back like you would think .Was hard to reinstall a couple more times , now we got it . Drilled hole and have a pin to install on opening arm so it won't close unexpectedly , saw someone else had posted on forum .maybe there are replacement parts you could get . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:56 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 4,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Cathy we use the exit window on our 19 as long as it isn't next to road . But had to call Escape when screen came off and couldn't get it back on . It doesn't go back like you would think .Was hard to reinstall a couple more times , now we got it . Drilled hole and have a pin to install on opening arm so it won't close unexpectedly , saw someone else had posted on forum .maybe there are replacement parts you could get . Pat
Pat, I know it is something simple but I have not looked at it. The screens now are much improved. A pin on the arm as you have seems necessary now on ours. It does not catch as it did, and yes, could close by itself!
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:10 AM   #10
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,326
If you have a leftover piece of plastic pipe and a table saw, cutting a slot in the pipe works well. Then slip it over the arm from the outside.
__________________

__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.