Refrigerator fan Question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Refrigerator fan Question

Howdy-
OK, here's another question for the smart and/or experienced Escape owners. When should I turn on the fridge fan?
- I'm trying to maintain the fridge's cooling efficiency, as well as avoid causing any problems....which I seem to be soooooo good at 😕.

So, we're boondocking for the first time - there's full sun hitting the trailer, with no shade around. (We're in a parking lot...more about that in a minute.) Temps are expected to be in the low 80s through the weekend. It's actually very uncomfortable and hot standing outside right now at 6 pm, with the temp hovering at 81 degrees

We're trying to stay relatively cool inside with the windows open, the Maxx fan going, and hoping for the occasional breeze. So far, so good in that regard. We're actually quite comfortable. I attribute this to the extra insulation option we have as well, btw.

So, can anyone offer any advice regarding the fridge fan use? What about the fridge settings?

We're camping in the parking lot of the Indianapolis Speedway. Yep, DH wanted the Indy 500 experience for his birthday this year...so here we are.

And, "experience" it IS! I can't even think straight. You see, I've been trying to compose this post for over an hour amidst the chaos and deafening noise of dueling radios, bands, rap "music", revving engines (no, not from the official dragsters yet), security helicopters overhead, ambulance sirens, and drunk people singing/screaming whilst running through our camp area . I wonder what the actual race will be like tomorrow?!

BTW, are any other "Escapees" here?
I'd like to escape right now! Yikes!

In closing, I'd appreciate any other boondocking advice y'all would share as well, besides the fridge and fan.
Many thanks! 😁👍
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Turn the switch on now, it is thermostatically controlled and will come on around 80 and operate until it cools down below 80. You can leave it on and let the thermostat do it's work. When at home you can then turn off.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
My experience with the new model fridge is you don't need to turn the fan on unless the outside Temps approach upper 80's. I would turn the fridge setting to 5 and watch that you don't Freeze anything. Ours runs about 33-34 on 5. That allows you some room for spikes when you open the fridge and the colder the food is the faster it will recover after opening the door. While in Florida recently I found that when the temperture dropped to around 80 in the evenings the fan seemed to hurt the fridge performance more than it help.

Have fun. Zoom Zoom
Old 05-27-2017, 07:37 PM   #4

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Thanks CPA and Kountry- this helps a lot! I'm still trying to get through and understand all of the instruction manuals. So, your replies are timely, and put me on the right track. Also, I have my favorite Italian ice in the freezer, and don't want it melting! ��
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote