Refrigerator not working and photos of Camano - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #141

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Thanks, everyone, for more good information!

Turns out the propane regulator did not fix itself. A mobile RV guy is coming Saturday to install a new regulator: $115 including parts, labor AND a house call.

There was sun a nice part of the first two days here but it's been rainy and cloudy ever since. Still, battery doing great and showing 12.4-12.5.

I think i mentioned that I was going to park in a side street space (on a one way street with a concrete barrier right in front of the Tahoe) a few houses from a friend in West Seattle.

I have to share an email I received yesterday through my blog:

Ellen,
We are looking at your Escape from our living room window, in West Seattle. We are in the old yellow two story house (8418) across the street from the rear of your trailer. What a coincidence – we also ordered an Escape and will pick it up January 18! We would love to meet you and talk about your adventures before you leave town if that works for you. Come over for a cup of coffee anytime.
Bill and Pegg
y

Isn't that the coolest thing? WHAT a coincidence! I did go to their home to meet them (super couple!) and they came to see my Escape. What fun to discuss their Build Sheet (19') and their plans!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #142

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDarby View Post

Isn't that the coolest thing? WHAT a coincidence! I did go to their home to meet them (super couple!) and they came to see my Escape. What fun to discuss their Build Sheet (19') and their plans!!!
The "small world" thing is one of the fun things about travelling. You just never know who you'll run into.

Happy to hear that you've survived your initiation into trailering.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #143

Thanks, Ron! Yes, have met so many no-longer-strangers already --and SUCH a small world -- what fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
The "small world" thing is one of the fun things about travelling. You just never know who you'll run into.

Happy to hear that you've survived your initiation into trailering.

Ron
Old 11-06-2015, 05:41 PM   #144

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
What an informative thread! Sorry for your troubles Ellen but thank you for bringing them to our attention. I learned a lot.

Tom
Old 11-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #145

That's good, Tom--I sure have as well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
What an informative thread! Sorry for your troubles Ellen but thank you for bringing them to our attention. I learned a lot.

Tom
Old 11-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #146

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I was glad when I discovered I could shut all battery power down with that switch . I would hate to have to disconnect from the batteries when I need to . I also use when I am working on wiring . Very convenient. Pat
We looked again and found that our propane detector does turn off with the battery switch off. (Not sure why Alan's does not.). The light still on with the switch off is the solar monitor. The solar remains on due to a bypass when the battery switch is off.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #147

It's very cool to know that others are also benefitting from this thread!

Left Seattle this morning and heading to Corte Madera CA (north of San Francisco).
Found that all McDonalds have free wifi so just stopped to do some catching up. Of course I had to buy something. Had the first Sausage McMuffin of my life. And the "Senior Coffee."

After being hooked to electric for two days at an RV park and getting fully charged, spent a week in West Seattle. Though I only had sun for a couple of days, was in a mostly open space and the battery did great. When I left this morning, it was down to 11.9 but the sun was coming out and am sure it would have charged right back up.

Bill (of "Bill & Peggy" above) came by and went back home to get his air compressor because I thought my Tahoe tires were low but all was fine. So great to meet Bill & Peggy--if you're reading this, Bill, hope to see you on the Forum (so many knowledgeable and generous members to answer any questions and offer support!) and thanks for everything!

Continuing to love my Escape and I don't think I have ever slept as well as I do in my little cocoon!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:03 PM   #148

Trailer: 2016, 19'
You are welcome Ellen. Travel well and we hope to see you out on the road after mid-January.
Bill & Peggy
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #149

Sure hope so, Bill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
You are welcome Ellen. Travel well and we hope to see you out on the road after mid-January.
Bill & Peggy
Old 11-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #150

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
We looked again and found that our propane detector does turn off with the battery switch off. (Not sure why Alan's does not.).
Checked on Lightning re: condensation and battery. Zero condensation and battery was still over 12.8v after a month of sitting.

Thanks for reminder.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Checked on Lightning re: condensation and battery. Zero condensation and battery was still over 12.8v after a month of sitting.

Thanks for reminder.

You do not have solar, right? Our reading with solar is above 13 when stored (no cover). I wonder where others are with solar.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:30 PM   #152

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
We looked again and found that our propane detector does turn off with the battery switch off. (Not sure why Alan's does not.). The light still on with the switch off is the solar monitor. The solar remains on due to a bypass when the battery switch is off.
I visited the trailer in storage yesterday and discovered that yes, indeed, the propane detector turns off with the battery switch off. Don't know why I thought otherwise...

And the batteries were above 13v even though I had left the switch in the On position.

Seems the solar is keeping way ahead of the parasitic drain of the items that don't have their own switches (like propane detector, USB charger, possibly the distribution panel, etc. I did measure the parasitic drain earlier at 140 milli-amps - rather trivial if solar is working.)

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
I visited the trailer in storage yesterday and discovered that yes, indeed, the propane detector turns off with the battery switch off. Don't know why I thought otherwise...

And the batteries were above 13v even though I had left the switch in the On position.

Seems the solar is keeping way ahead of the parasitic drain of the items that don't have their own switches (like propane detector, USB charger, possibly the distribution panel, etc. I did measure the parasitic drain earlier at 140 milli-amps - rather trivial if solar is working.)

--
Alan
The solar monitor on can make it look as if the detector is on. I thought the same as you.

No problem for us with solar in any case!