Refrigerator on propane while moving? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2017, 09:53 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Any fire or explosion would be investigated. Arson and fire investigators are extremely good at pinpointing the causes/ignition sources of fires. I know - I've worked with them. Their results are reported and available to the public. Good luck trying to prove in court that a trailer fridge caused something when there are reports from public officials saying otherwise. Besides, they could just as well say that if your fridge was off.
Exactly. If a trailer goes up in that situation, I expect that the investigators won't have any trouble determining if the trailer was the source. If a trailer did not cause it, fine. But if it did, could need good luck with your insurance agent.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:46 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Some general info on running the refrigerator (Dometic DM2663LBX)on 12V with a 2017 21 with a Ford F 150 .

Refrigerator draw on 12V 24.5 amps.

The combination of 320 watts of solar (cloudy day) & truck charge line - as high as 18 amps, as low as -6 amps.
End result - after 50 miles, on secondary roads, batteries were down 12 amp hours.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:01 PM   #43

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
When traveling , the first thing we do upon leaving our campsite in the morning is head to a gas station and fill up with fuel . After leaving the station we put our refrigerator on propane and set out for our next destination . Our truck has a 33 gallon fuel tank so by the time we need to refuel , we are done driving for the day .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I advise not to fuel with the fridge on propane, but I ignore my own advice and choose an outside pump, with the trailer hanging out the back.
Me too. The only time mine's off is when it's compulsory, like the ferries.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 (One Life...Live It)
To jump into this we have been traveling turning fridge off. We travel 4+ hrs straight in a day through New Mexico & Texas in March and would gain about 3 or 4 degrees in the fridge over that time. We have driven 8 hrs in 50F and only gained 2 degrees. In 80F + it’s propane on (who wants warm beer after a long drive��).
Fun&Sun is offline   Reply With Quote