Repairing the city water check valve - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 11-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #21
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
What about just screwing the attached plastic cap in tightly enough? With the hose washer inside it should make a tight enough seal I would think.
Maybe... they're not intended for that purpose, but it might work.

I'm used to a filler with just a rubber cap, and didn't realize that the Escape filler had a threaded plug for a cap - good catch, Eric. This stuff happens when you don't have the trailer yet...

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #22
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16'
This is just an observation. Looking at the back side of the plastic box, there are bars moulded into the box to keep the inlet fitting from turning. That means the manufacturer must have assembled the inlet from the outside. Maybe it can be unscrewed from the outside and then you could implement your repair without spinning the pipe/barb joint. You would need a second person to hold a wrench on the inside when unscrewing the fitting on the outside, as those plastic bars would not be able to resist wrench pressure during assembly or disassembly. If the manufacturer pressed the fitting together rather than threading, this method wouldn't work.
Just a thought.

ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #23
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Its too bad it wasn't a quality build from the onset. Mine failed after 1 year. I've bought a replacement, haven't yet installed it. I'm also thinking of putting a shut off valve on the pump supply side so water cannot get into the pump when on city water...
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:40 AM   #24
Trailer: Eureka Equinox 6 person tent. (with a broken zipper) 5.0 TA on order July 2017 delivery
If this happened on a trailer with the spray foam insulation would the repair be a bigger problem?
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:39 AM   #25
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
If this happened on a trailer with the spray foam insulation would the repair be a bigger problem?
No, the valve is located in the fresh water hookup on the outside rear of the trailer, accessible inside under the bed or dinette, depending on which trailer you have.

never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote