Replacing Tires - Can't Decide - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Replacing Tires - Can't Decide

Our original Goodyear tires need replacing on our 19. The Marathons are no longer available so I've been looking at other brands and have narrowed it down to two - Goodyear 'Endurance' and Carlisle. Both are 8-ply.

Anyone have some anecdotal information on either of these brands? I'd be interested in hearing from people who have run them and what you think.

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuthatchBC View Post
Our original Goodyear tires need replacing on our 19. The Marathons are no longer available so I've been looking at other brands and have narrowed it down to two - Goodyear 'Endurance' and Carlisle. Both are 8-ply.

Anyone have some anecdotal information on either of these brands? I'd be interested in hearing from people who have run them and what you think.

Doug
Hi: NuthatchBC... Did you have any problems with the Marathons? If not I'd be inclined to go with the Endurance tires. Mine are Carlisle and other than a $15. repair from a screw in one, plugged and back on, no problems. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I'm running the Endurance tires, like them and will do them again. No issues with many miles over some very rough paved and unpaved roads as well as at speed in the hot Southwest.
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Make certain you get one rated for 60 km/hr so you can make good time on the road.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I put Maxxis M8008 on my Starcraft a couple years before I sold it. Only had maybe 10k miles on so it's hard to review them but I liked the tires. I put a set of the Endurance tires on the 5.0TA summer of 2017. I have about 10k on them too, no problems with them so far either. The Endurance is US made if it matters to someone north of the border. The Maxxis are from Thailand if the internet is to be believed.

I like both tires and would recommend either. I do think the Maxxis looked like a better tire, but that was just an impression.

The Endurance only came out last year so long term reviews may not exist.

I liked the Carlisle Radial Trails that the Escape came with, I did have one of them blow out at about 25k. They were about 50% tread.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We bought a Casita 17 about a year ago and put on Endurance load range D tires on it. While we had driven only about 3500 miles before selling it to buy an Escape they were great tires. We wanted a tire that we could drive 65 mph while inflated to less than 60# for a comfortable ride. We used the load/ pressure tables and ran the tires at 50 psi for our 3500# on a single axle. If the Endurance tires are still available when the Escape needs tires, we'll buy them again.
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Maxxis 8008 almost 2 years now load range D . Great tires so far .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:01 AM   #8

Trailer: none
x2 on the Maxxis. Bought a new set for our previous HiLo trailer and worked well.