RMD 8555 Refrigerator Audible Alarm - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #21
grc

Trailer: Four Wheel Camper
Also having trouble finding a pure maintenance manual. The link below does have a troubleshooting section and is in English (Australian so showing 230v instead of 120v).

http://www.waeco.com.au/documents/33...9011109aus.pdf

Sect. 4.3.4 - should electrical control detect any failure you get the audible alarm for AES. It is repeated every hour, if the failure ist not resolved."

Trouble shooting section 4.13
grc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The door closed thing doesn't make sense since it started alarming at 7:30 am and hadn't alarmed all night. The propane tanks are fine. It alarms regardless of the fuel source, and alarms in automatic. I've already called Escape and Reace is supposed to get back to me.
What did Reace say?
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:05 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Ours beeped for a good while last time we were out camping. Opened door, closed it, stopped. Then started again after a while. Eventually we discovered that the drawer at the bottom of the fridge hadn't been closed quite properly, and the "lid" was probably preventing the door from getting a good seal. In one case, at least, the seal seemed fine for a while, but then stopped being fine, and the alarm started. Once we really stared at the bottom drawer / lid thing, and got it closed properly, the alarm stopped.

I'm betting you've already checked this sort of thing a dozen times, but I'm tossing it out there because it's all I have to toss.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #24
grc

Dometic service manual in English, covers RMD 8555, 64pages

http://web.adria.dk/wp-content/uploa...ice-RM8XXX.pdf
Old 03-24-2015, 09:13 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpaddle View Post
Ours beeped for a good while last time we were out camping. Opened door, closed it, stopped. Then started again after a while. Eventually we discovered that the drawer at the bottom of the fridge hadn't been closed quite properly, and the "lid" was probably preventing the door from getting a good seal. In one case, at least, the seal seemed fine for a while, but then stopped being fine, and the alarm started. Once we really stared at the bottom drawer / lid thing, and got it closed properly, the alarm stopped.

I'm betting you've already checked this sort of thing a dozen times, but I'm tossing it out there because it's all I have to toss.
This reminds me that we had this problem too. Robert, remove the door shelfs and crisper and see if it still does it. The top shelf on ours was causing the problem and not letting the door close completely even though it appeared to be closed.

Hate this is making your trip have a cloud.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpaddle View Post

I'm going to take everything out that might interfere with the door closing and reset the fridge and see what happens. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:30 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
If no solution is imminent and the fridge is still cooling is it possible to disable the alarm?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:40 PM   #28
Site Team

Would love to disable it Ron. The fridge cools fine.

By the way, took the shelves out of the door entirely and reset it -- no go. Still starts beeping after about 3 minutes. 20 seconds of beeping every 2 minutes. Aaaaarrrrggghhh
Old 03-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #29
Site Team

Nothing in the service manuals above on the ability to silence the audible alarm.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #30
Site Team

I want to try unplugging the LED light but how in the heck do you get the cover off? I don't want to break it.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #31
Site Team

Disregard. The light does go out. Recorded a video on my phone to confirm it. Some forums suggest the system will alarm if the light stays on. Bummer. Next idea.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
What did Reace say?

I haven't received a call back yet. Don't know.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:42 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 19'
Second thought ... you probably don't want to jeopardize your warranty by trying this. It's good to know for testing so I'll leave it posted.

If you would like a simple wiring change to 'test', try this. If nothing else it checks the AES sequencing. You will have no DC heater for the frig. It will search AC and Propane only. This eliminates the DC high current (heater) sensing from throwing a fault (beep) for whatever reason.

IF it works I'll explain what I'm thinking. It may ... but that refrigerator has a mind of it's own.

You are pulling 12 vdc from the 'heater' input and just wiring nutting, or twisting, it so the 12 vdc AES control circuit still has power. On my frig the 2 wires are held under the 'heater' lug, you are simply removing them and keeping the contact between the 2 only.

This is from an RML8555 (single door) so yours might look different.
Attached Thumbnails
12v heater pulled to trick AES s.jpg  
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #34

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
One guy said his Dometic was beeping every couple of minutes and he jiggled the light switch and the light cover, and it stopped. Doubt that will work but another thing to try. Dometic should be able to tell you how to disconnect the beeper -- if you can ever get them. Bad that it is not in the manual.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:07 AM   #35
Site Team

Thanks all. We shut it off for the night and have some items in an ice chest. Tried the jiggling of the light switch but the light works normally and does shut off when the door closes. I read that tip too.

A forum member gave me a referal to a guy who does mobile rv service. I'm going to give him a call tomorrow and see what he says. If no resolution we will just use the ice chest for the rest of the trip. I refuse to waste days at a service center or have this spoil our trip.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:25 AM   #36

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I wonder if it is the rain and maybe humidity. We have had trouble with electronic items including ones with beepers during periods of great rain and humidity.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:15 AM   #37
grc

http://web.adria.dk/wp-content/uploa...ice-RM8XXX.pdf

per photo on .pdf page34 the beeper is soldered into the AES circuit board

per table on .pdf page56 there are 7 things that cause audible alarm. First six items also have LED fault light and something flashing. Only the door is just audible alarm
Old 03-25-2015, 06:11 AM   #38

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Robert,
You can remove the control panel by opening the door and there are 2 screws on the top part, removing will allow the panel to slide out. You can unattached the wires in the rear via 2 lock tabs on the wire run. Make sure the storage lock is not engaged on the lock portion inside the refer so that the locking lever will operate. Also there is a little tab on the door portion of the lock that allows it to click when opening and closing, make sure that is in operation.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:03 AM   #39

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
alarm

Robert, if you are going to be near Cortez, CO, I have a card for a good RV mobile technician. He impressed me and I don't impress easily. Even the mobile shop is impressive. I can find the card I Believe if that would help. Otherwise I would start looking for a wire to cut.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Robert,
You can remove the control panel by opening the door and there are 2 screws on the top part, removing will allow the panel to slide out. You can unattached the wires in the rear via 2 lock tabs on the wire run. Make sure the storage lock is not engaged on the lock portion inside the refer so that the locking lever will operate. Also there is a little tab on the door portion of the lock that allows it to click when opening and closing, make sure that is in operation.

We knew about the storage lock and the latch lock. It isn't that. As for pulling the panel I wouldn't know which wires to pull once it was open.