Screen Door repair? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2016, 12:32 AM   #41

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I guess I should get on board too . Pat
Can someone verify . I want the one on the right ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:51 AM   #42

Quote:
Can someone verify . I want the one on the right ? Pat
Reading the manual it sounds like the left? The ordering number is different too ? Pat
Old 06-14-2016, 04:20 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19'
The new screen door is installed! We are happy - it did take looking at both the enclosed instructions as well as viewing the online instructions for Jerry to feel comfortable with the job:-) We have saved the old cartridge, but not entirely sure how a "fix" might work for "down the road".
Until (or if ever) needed...the old is in storage and the new is onboard!
We are off to Wenatchee next week...and we've heard it is mosquito season there.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY II View Post
The new screen door is installed! We are happy - it did take looking at both the enclosed instructions as well as viewing the online instructions for Jerry to feel comfortable with the job:-) We have saved the old cartridge, but not entirely sure how a "fix" might work for "down the road".
Until (or if ever) needed...the old is in storage and the new is onboard!
We are off to Wenatchee next week...and we've heard it is mosquito season there.
Can you provide a link to the online instructions ?
Old 06-15-2016, 11:02 AM   #45

It is at http://seikiscreensystems.com/. On the home page you will see a listing of products on the left side - click on "Vista Plus Screen". When you get to that page, you need to scroll down toward the bottom until you see "Download Manual Instructions" on the left side. Jerry said the most challenging part of the whole project was finding the correct two-sided tape to replace what was used originally for installation of the framing on the ceiling part (thin, with a fabric component and having good tensile strength). He used outdoor, two-sided rug tape and it worked:-)
Old 05-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #46

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Question for anyone who has had to replace the screen on their 21. I got my Seiki replacement cartridge and started looking at the instructions. It calls for removing top rail and it appears there should be some screws. However, my 21 screen top rail doesn't have any screws as it is up against a very thin (1/4") strip of plastic. Is the top rail loose and will it come down after you remove the side rail?

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2017, 08:24 AM   #47

Sorry.... should have just read Rowdy II's post in more detail. Double sided tape is the answer I was looking for.

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #48

Great! I'm glad it helped. I was having a hard time remembering how all the pieces had finally come back together, without the door apart on the bench. :-)
- Jerry
Old 05-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #49

Got the replacement screen in. Couple of pointers for those who may attempt the same:
- The tension spring (bottom one) needs quite a few turns.
- My door was binding at the top about halfway when closing. Seems like top support rail that ETI installs was bowed down in the middle. Needed to adjust a couple of guides (one inside and one outside the screen) and works fine.

I dry brushed on some small dragonfly stencils as a "screen saver" as others suggested. Hopefully, it will keep friends and family from walking into the "stealth" screen!
Attached Thumbnails
20170512_105259.jpg  
Old 05-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post
Got the replacement screen in. Couple of pointers for those who may attempt the same:
- The tension spring (bottom one) needs quite a few turns.
- My door was binding at the top about halfway when closing. Seems like top support rail that ETI installs was bowed down in the middle. Needed to adjust a couple of guides (one inside and one outside the screen) and works fine.

I dry brushed on some small dragonfly stencils as a "screen saver" as others suggested. Hopefully, it will keep friends and family from walking into the "stealth" screen!
Looks good Stefan. Might have to steal the dragonfly idea.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #51

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
We ordered the Replacement Mesh Cartridge for the Vista+, part # VPRMCWH-1S. It was $32.00 and $15.00 shipping. I hope this helps:-)
I just reached out to ETI the other day regarding a new screen and they provided me with a direct link to Sieki product page. It is the Vista Plus and matches this part number. Only difference is the replacement cartridge is now $60 with $15 shipping. They doubled the price. The other option is a completely new screen door assembly from ETI for $259 CAN plus tax & shipping.

SEIKI SCREEN SYSTEMS | Replacement Parts
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #52

Thanks for the update. We have our replacement installed and it has been working fine for over a year:-)
Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #53

Quote:
Thanks for the update. We have our replacement installed and it has been working fine for over a year:-)
Great. I have read your posts (thanks for sharing) and downloaded the online instructions. I'm hoping it isn't too difficult a job.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Great. I have read your posts (thanks for sharing) and downloaded the online instructions. I'm hoping it isn't too difficult a job.
It isn't difficult at all. When I did the flooring in trailer needed to remove screen roller and cut a little off because height of floor changed . Wanted track to sit on top of floor . They have instructions to do that . Pat
Old 12-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #55

Quote:
It isn't difficult at all. When I did the flooring in trailer needed to remove screen roller and cut a little off because height of floor changed . Wanted track to sit on top of floor . They have instructions to do that . Pat
Thanks Pat.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #56

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
We ordered the Replacement Mesh Cartridge for the Vista+, part # VPRMCWH-1S. It was $32.00 and $15.00 shipping. I hope this helps:-)
Ordered this and an 80" cartridge arrived. Not sure if they goofed or if the above part number is for what they sent. Dont want to open the celowrap to see. The measurement from the bottom adjuster to the top one is 67.5".
Old 05-27-2019, 03:03 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Ordered this and an 80" cartridge arrived. Not sure if they goofed or if the above part number is for what they sent. Dont want to open the celowrap to see. The measurement from the bottom adjuster to the top one is 67.5".
Hi Ross see if you can call them . Escape may have cut to fit doorway . I had to recut ours when I redid the flooring to the allure it was a little bit higher . There are instructions to do that . I even had to cut the frame a little besides the screen . Hope this helps . Pat
Old 05-27-2019, 03:29 PM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Pat- thanks for the info- hadn't thought of that. I did send them an email; have never seen a phone number and suspect they only want to communicate via email. Hope you're right as it would be less hassle.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #59

Quote:
Pat- thanks for the info- hadn't thought of that. I did send them an email; have never seen a phone number and suspect they only want to communicate via email. Hope you're right as it would be less hassle.
Ross there should be instructions somewhere . I can't remember if I printed from there website or . But I needed to cut screen and their screen framing and it all worked out . I put the flooring under the screen rail like before, so it needed to be done . Flooring I added was thicker . Pat
Ps later today go through my files and see if I can find you the number . I know I like to talk directly
Old 05-27-2019, 05:17 PM   #60

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Mine came with instructions on how to cut it to size. It has been awhile, but I seem to remember cutting it with a fine blade hacksaw.