Sewer hose container redux
I followed the original thread last month on this topic, and resolved to be extra careful with my sewer hose so as not to break one of the connector prongs. So of course I broke one on our last trip. My local RV store only had the Valterra (made in Mexico) brand that Alf mentioned in the original thread, which has fatter prongs than the Taiwanese original. Staring at it, I got to thinking, there might be another way to solve the problem, so I bought one and picked up a 5/8" rasp grinding bit for my hand drill at Home Depot on my way home. My plan worked: I used the bit to grind two slots into the hose holder cap at the 9 and 3 positions just past the threads, each about 1"x1" and a little over 1/8" deep to accommodate the Valterra's fatter prongs. There is plenty of thickness in the end cap to do this. Now the sturdier connector fits in the tube, and as a bonus, it's impossible for it to slide in any further. End of problem.