Side of bed storage ideas in 5.0TA - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
In our old rig, very similar floor plan to our soon-to-be-ready 5.0TA, we filled the floor on one side of the bed with cozy cat cottages so they had a secure place to ride while we were driving. A bigger problem, once we stopped, was finding room for us humans in the dinette
Do you keep your cats in the trailer while towing?
Old 12-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenk View Post
Hi,
I've been contemplating some ideas on how best to use the area next to the bed on a 5.1. I was thinking some vertical storage bins at the extreme end, such that the window is not impeded. Or a expandable bar with anchors such that things could be hung. I just wondered what great ideas others have come up with here.
see post #1 at http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8/great-little-tables-12447.html#post239753
Old 12-18-2018, 12:54 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Made this out of PVC board. Some times it’s a TV stand, sometimes a fan sits on it .
Attached Thumbnails
7379DD88-35BE-4B85-8EC2-3CFBC6B91FE9.jpg   AE09FDC7-A9BB-48BD-A559-3E7F18C4120A.jpg   FAFECAE7-B8EB-4F3C-B1B7-97EE1EFF77F7.jpg  
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #24

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i just bought a second little table /stool the first one ended up in the cupboard giving me a shelf . the new one will go by the bed. if i find a solution that works better for that little cabinet that one will be a side table on the other side of the bed.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #25

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Do you keep your cats in the trailer while towing?
Yes we do. When we first began and had only one cat we had her ride in the truck with us and she really disliked that. As we added cats it seemed more comfy for them to ride in a cozy cat bed up in the bunk section so we tried that and they much preferred it to riding in the truck. When we close up for traveling they know what's up and go to their spots. And when we get to a campground, by the time we've backed into a site and open the door of the trailer they're up and around, eagerly looking out the windows to see what's up. Makes lunch and rest stops nicer too, and easier for them to use the litter box on long driving days.

I think the bunk, because it's over the truck bed, rides much more smoothly than the back end - Mary sat in the dinette a time or two on short trips within a campground to a dump station and found it to be pretty bouncy back there.