Spare Fuses - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Spare Fuses

Need to get some spare fuses for the tool kit. What sizes do I need in a 21 foot 2017? I'm guessing 15 amp. Are they like this?

Bussmann ATR-15 Micro II Blade Fuse
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
First so I am clear, we do not have a 2017 21ft Escape. However, here are a couple of observations that might help you or others some time. You can buy an assortment of blade
Type mini fuses and a plastic puller that cover about all of the common sizes. These will work in both your Escape and your tow vehicle. If your new Escape has fuses heavier than the the heaviest one in the kit or several of the same size, you can pick up a couple boxes of those sizes to add to your kit. On my rig I also have a maxi 40 amp blade fuse coming off the hot side of my tow vehicle battery. I have a spare of that one too. Finally, you might have spare mini blade fuses adjacent to your tow vehicle fuse panel that will fit the Escape too. Take the
Cover off and look. I'm a big believer in a nice assortment of fuses, a puller, some 33+
Electrical tape, and a few feet of 4 flat wire and have all of these in my toolbox. I also have a
Tattoo that says " Those grounds can screw you up" so I don't ever forget that. Hope this helps.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
First so I am clear, we do not have a 2017 21ft Escape. However, here are a couple of observations that might help you or others some time. You can buy an assortment of blade
Type mini fuses and a plastic puller that cover about all of the common sizes. These will work in both your Escape and your tow vehicle. If your new Escape has fuses heavier than the the heaviest one in the kit or several of the same size, you can pick up a couple boxes of those sizes to add to your kit. On my rig I also have a maxi 40 amp blade fuse coming off the hot side of my tow vehicle battery. I have a spare of that one too. Finally, you might have spare mini blade fuses adjacent to your tow vehicle fuse panel that will fit the Escape too. Take the
Cover off and look. I'm a big believer in a nice assortment of fuses, a puller, some 33+
Electrical tape, and a few feet of 4 flat wire and have all of these in my toolbox. I also have a
Tattoo that says " Those grounds can screw you up" so I don't ever forget that. Hope this helps.
Dave
Thanks, Dave. Yeah, I've seen the kits and I assume like most kits that I'll only use a few of the sizes so I was hoping to just pick up a few spares of the correct size only.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Kitted up

I understand. I have an inventory control problem that some call hoarding. At times if I get stupid and fry a fuse and know what I did, I have put in a lighter one if I did not have the right one. If I'm really desperate I've used a heavier one, especially if I know what happened to blow it and I've fixed it. Never an Archie Bunker dime or roll of tinfoil though. I view lots of this stuff as cheap travel insurance so I have multiples or even stuff I'll probably never need.
I know lots of folks don't understand or agree with this philosophy. I've needed help at times and I've helped others at times, it's the Boy Scout thing. Works for me. "I've got one of those if I can find it". One of my other tattoos.
All the best
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
"I've got one of those if I can find it".
Dave
Sounds like my old paint cans full of nuts, bolts, washers, etc that I moved from my dad's garage 40 years ago. I don't think he ever passed up one of those at an auction. Every time I'm scrounging thru looking for the right size, I remember him saying "if you find one you can find two".

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have that can too, and find that if I need four, there will be three in the can. So, down to the hardware, where the item comes in packages of nine.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I have that can too, and find that if I need four, there will be three in the can. So, down to the hardware, where the item comes in packages of nine.
Yep - only 2 are guaranteed in those buckets!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Sounds like my old paint cans full of nuts, bolts, washers, etc that I moved from my dad's garage 40 years ago. I don't think he ever passed up one of those at an auction. Every time I'm scrounging thru looking for the right size, I remember him saying "if you find one you can find two".
Today was garage cleaning day, so I have room to finish off a couple projects on the go, and make room for working on the 5.0 when I get it.

I finally just tossed a couple of those cans of assorted bits and bobbles. If I had of know you collected them Eric, I would have brought them to the rally for you.

I still have stuff that is many, many years old that I am keeping "just in case"

With regards to the fuses, I would just wait until you get the trailer, take note of what they use, and then go pick up a few. No need to worry for now, or likely a year or two.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote