Spare Parts - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2015, 08:14 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
My tendency to categorize and make extensive and never to be used lists, naturally saw this post as an extension of the "tools" posting. So now I need three lists. Tools needed (pliers, screwdriver and wheel wrench etc. , small repair aids ( tape, Teflon tape, zip ties, Velcro etc.) and finally parts specific to our Escape. This would include sail switch, propane regulator, water pump etc. , none of which I carry or expect to. Without them, I'll be forced to do some genuine camping, and exercise my ingenuity. That Boy Scout motto is ok but it can give you a bad back and an overloaded trailer.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:22 AM   #22

On drones, my aggressive nature immediately turns to getting a bigger more powerful, faster drone that can fly the other persons drone down and take it our of the air, preferably over water. That failing, and with a nod to today's high technology, a universal, hunting controller that relieves the owner of control and let's the offended individual determine the fate of the clinking, clanking colaginous collection of junk. Hats off to the Wizard of Oz. Mr. Wizard, and Dirty Harry.
Dave
Old 12-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Sounds like some of you bring duplicates of nearly everything with you, even the kitchen sink. I am more of a minimalist. I carry a spare tire with my Escape when I travel. I also never go anywhere without having at least one extra case of beer along. Other than that my list of spares is pretty short.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:37 AM   #24

In an effort to reduce weight and get the same result, I usually travel with a full bottle of good whiskey, I like it straight up, room temperature. Now that's a spare part that fits most camping styles if you're not going anywhere soon.
Dave
Old 12-21-2015, 09:27 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Sounds like some of you bring duplicates of nearly everything with you, even the kitchen sink. I am more of a minimalist. I carry a spare tire with my Escape when I travel. I also never go anywhere without having at least one extra case of beer along. Other than that my list of spares is pretty short.
You might wanna add spare underwear too Dave.... Just sayin'.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
In an effort to reduce weight and get the same result, I usually travel with a full bottle of good whiskey, I like it straight up, room temperature. Now that's a spare part that fits most camping styles if you're not going anywhere soon.
Dave
Okay, you just caught me up. I usually carry at least one or two spare bottles of good whiskey. I like variety. Never ice, and rarely a splash of water.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Okay, you just caught me up. I usually carry at least one or two spare bottles of good whiskey. I like variety. Never ice, and rarely a splash of water.
Hi: Jim Bennett... If you like it cold just keep it in the freezer next to a good supply of filet mignon!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #28

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Must resist….okay one last comment, then I will leave this topic alone.

Backcountry camping repair kit: A couple of wraps of duct tape around a ski pole with a microleatherman.

Recreational Vehicle repair kit: A case of wine in the loft step, beer in the fridge and what?, four small items that can fit in a gallon size zip lock bag that can make your “camping” experience more enjoyable if they fail? And yes, we are taking the kitchen sink. Happy Holidays, Scott

Scott, Lori & Fritz the Schnauzer
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #29

Hi: AKsnowbiker... Here's a "Kitchen sink you never thought of!!! Kitchen Sink Blended California Red Wine. My wife really likes this stuff. http://www.totalwine.com Alf
Old 12-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Similarly, a few wraps of duct tape around a flashlight in your auto obviate the necessity of carrying a full roll of duct tape (unless you want to).
Old 12-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
After having the thermostat replaced twice in my 5.0 cu ft refrigerator (an interesting project that requires removing the refrigerator from the trailer), I carry a spare, as well as a spare sail switch for the furnace. While I am a firm believer that once I purchase a spare part, I'll never need it, that wasn't true for the thermostat. I sure hope I won't need the third one!
Old 12-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: AKsnowbiker... Here's a "Kitchen sink you never thought of!!! Kitchen Sink Blended California Red Wine. My wife really likes this stuff. Wine, Beer, Liquor & Gifts - Buy Online | Total Wine & More Alf
Hello Alf, My lovely wife grew up on the 10th concession in Flamborough her motto is “Life is too short to drink a bad bottle of wine”. And by case of wine in the loft, I meant case, not box. Happy Holidays. Scott

Scott, Lori, my lovely Canadian Rose and Fritz the Schnauzer.
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKsnowbiker View Post
Hello Alf, My lovely wife grew up on the 10th concession in Flamborough her motto is “Life is too short to drink a bad bottle of wine”. And by case of wine in the loft, I meant case, not box. Happy Holidays. Scott

Scott, Lori, my lovely Canadian Rose and Fritz the Schnauzer.
HI: AKsnowbiker... My wife's typical box is 16Ltrs. About the same as 23 710 mil. bottles... but she ran out. Our local winery Welcome to Quai du Vin ~ Quai Du Vin Estate Winery 2 miles away had a buy a case of 12...pay for 10. She was desperate!!!
Merry Christmas to all... and to all a good site!!! Alf
Old 12-25-2015, 12:31 AM   #34

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Remember your accessories too. For example, if you carry a generator, don't forget to stock an extra spark plug or two.
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote