Split water hose in bathroom - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2017, 10:42 PM   #201

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
So if the Casita guy trades up to an Escape, is Rease credited with the referral?
I don't know but the former Casita owner will expect to see Reace at his door if he has any problems with a new Escape!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:52 PM   #202

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Post a few photos Steve. I know it's been a long wait and you're probably chomping at the bit.

Will do. Only a few more days now.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #203

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I don't know but the former Casita owner will expect to see Reace at his door if he has any problems with a new Escape!
With apologies to Larry at "Little House Customs", maybe Rease should call his traveling 5.0TA repair shop "Big House Customs." Too bad Tammy can't be riding shotgun with him on his trip around the Lower 48. I'm sure it would make the hours on the road go by faster for him.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:10 PM   #204

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
travel arrangements for fix

We met Reace in north central Washington from Boise, Idaho. It was about 300 miles for us. He also made a stop in Yakima on the way to the Umatilla area where we met him. That made it a 400 mile loop for him but he did get two customers.

We made arrangements with the campground for him to come in and work. He had power and water, which isn't necessary but probably helps some.

We had to rearrange some appointments that we had that week in order to make it over there on the correct day but knowing that it would be done right was worth the effort.
Mountain_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:35 PM   #205

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
This whole "Find Reace" tracking reporting reminds me of the Santa tracking at Christmastime. I wonder if they could borrow the Santa radar and GPS his 5.0 Sleigh so we could just track him live.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 AM   #206

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 - 2016 GMC Canyon 4x4 Diesel
Quote:
So if the Casita guy trades up to an Escape, is Rease credited with the referral?
Maybe we'll have to share.

Quote:
Based on the evidence, don't we all?

"It ain't what you don't know that hurts you - it's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” - S. Clemens
StanLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:50 AM   #207

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Stan,
Can you take a picture of these new awning tabs being replaced?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #208

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
This whole "Find Reace" tracking reporting reminds me of the Santa tracking at Christmastime. I wonder if they could borrow the Santa radar and GPS his 5.0 Sleigh so we could just track him live.
If Reace got an amateur radio license, he could use APRS and we could track him real time with it. I use it when camping so that family and friends can see where we are. See https://aprs.fi An example of what I did to map my recent camping trip is at Map of our May, 2017, trip | Traveling in Blanquillo
Old 06-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #209

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
If Reace got an amateur radio license, he could use APRS and we could track him real time with it.
Recently I read that there is a new feature in Google Maps that allows one to let people on a list know where they are. I don't know the details. Is anyone familiar with this?
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #210

If Rease hustles on down here to the Gulf Coast, he just might get to experience a tropical storm/hurricane while on his U.S Tour! Nothing like a foot of rain driven by 80 mph winds to quench his memories of all that heat during his stop off in Phoenix!
Old 06-19-2017, 10:29 PM   #211

Quote:
If Rease hustles on down here to the Gulf Coast, he just might get to experience a tropical storm/hurricane while on his U.S Tour!
Oh please please please--- don't say that. The threat of hurricanes is the only thing that worries me while I'm gone on long summer trips. Not that I could do anything about them if I were home. But if one were to hit while I'm away I'd have to dash home and clean up the mess. It's always in the back of my mind.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Oh please please please--- don't say that. The threat of hurricanes is the only thing that worries me while I'm gone on long summer trips. Not that I could do anything about them if I were home. But if one were to hit while I'm away I'd have to dash home and clean up the mess. It's always in the back of my mind.
Did you ever think of making your home base someplace else?
Maybe more central with less heat and such situations?
Old 06-19-2017, 10:50 PM   #213
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Reace and the entire team (Hi Tammy!) at ETI are very personable and customer service oriented. I expect Reace doesn't want people to follow his travels. He's on a mission and a large number of Escape owners have had their trailers delivered versus picked up at the factory. I know Reace... if someone was to say... Love to meet you, come by, we'll feed you dinner, give you a parking spot (with electric and water)... it would be hard for him to decline.

He's on a mission, let him do what he needs/wants to do for the best of their company. If anyone meets him and he fixes an issue..
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:23 PM   #214

Quote:
Maybe more central with less heat and such situations?
I did. I moved back down to Florida when I retired because I had inherited my parents' farm, and I wanted the opportunity to live in the house I grew up in. I still have friends from childhood there, etc., and otherwise for me it's a good place to live. The heat and the hurricanes are the only downsides. The beaches are beautiful.

Had I not been able to keep the property I would have gone somewhere else. For instance, I like the Mt. Vernon area north of Seattle, and I would have considered that as a place to retire. It's not centrally located, but otherwise I like it.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:57 AM   #215

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
While this works for some folks, and we have thought of it too, in order to save huge costs on real estate, as well as for climate and setting, I could just never leave a lifetime of friends and family, at any cost. We have a very close family, something of huge importance to me, with everyone living not too far away. My oldest daughter at 90 minutes is the furthest, but my two brothers in a city of 1.3M, live a few minutes driving apart.

As an extreme of this, a good friend who retired with some savings and a modest pension, retired to Vietnam, a place he had visited a lot and loved. Met a woman there, got married, and now lives like a king in luxury, Vietnam style.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #216

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Recently I read that there is a new feature in Google Maps that allows one to let people on a list know where they are. I don't know the details. Is anyone familiar with this?
I was offered to share the location when I used Google Maps on my Android phone on Sunday, and I started to follow through, wondering if it was a way to save a location of some birds of interest for later reference. When I realized it was a scheme to continually update my location for a list of recipients, I exited immediately.

What I wanted was the normal Embed a map or share a location feature; what I stumbled across was the new location sharing, a revival of the old Latitude feature (which I didn't use, either) and replacing a similar feature in Google+.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I was offered to share the location when I used Google Maps on my Android phone on Sunday, and I started to follow through, wondering if it was a way to save a location of some birds of interest for later reference. When I realized it was a scheme to continually update my location for a list of recipients, I exited immediately.

What I wanted was the normal Embed a map or share a location feature; what I stumbled across was the new location sharing, a revival of the old Latitude feature (which I didn't use, either) and replacing a similar feature in Google+.
This is what I was looking for, thanks for the link. I'd like for some people at home to know the location of my trailer. Since my Android tablet is always in my truck or trailer, that's close enough. I'll try it out.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #218

Quote:
I did. I moved back down to Florida when I retired because I had inherited my parents' farm, and I wanted the opportunity to live in the house I grew up in. I still have friends from childhood there, etc., and otherwise for me it's a good place to live. The heat and the hurricanes are the only downsides. The beaches are beautiful.

Had I not been able to keep the property I would have gone somewhere else. For instance, I like the Mt. Vernon area north of Seattle, and I would have considered that as a place to retire. It's not centrally located, but otherwise I like it.
Getting your parents farm is surely wonderful. And being there for the beaches. Of course, family is the biggest decider as to where people live, however, not nearly as much as it used to be. Now so many families are spread all over the country and sometimes even out. You inherited a good situation.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
While this works for some folks, and we have thought of it too, in order to save huge costs on real estate, as well as for climate and setting, I could just never leave a lifetime of friends and family, at any cost. We have a very close family, something of huge importance to me, with everyone living not too far away. My oldest daughter at 90 minutes is the furthest, but my two brothers in a city of 1.3M, live a few minutes driving apart.

As an extreme of this, a good friend who retired with some savings and a modest pension, retired to Vietnam, a place he had visited a lot and loved. Met a woman there, got married, and now lives like a king in luxury, Vietnam style.
Been to Vietnam and it is a beautiful and unusual country, one of the places I always wanted to revisit but doubt I will. Lived in Thailand and there are some westerners who choose to remain there also. It does cost a lot less but then one wonders what medical care could be. Not covered over there for older Americans.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:56 PM   #220

I'm guessing Rease is somewhere in Texas by now and getting ready to head east. I hope he brought some water wings along. Safe travels, Rease. As a wise old man used to say, "Be particular out there."