Starting Refer on AC - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2018, 06:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Starting Refer on AC

On the last two times I have started my Dometic DM-2663 refrigerator to prepare for a trip, it has not wanted to come up on AC.

With AC and DC both available but propane off, the behavior has been erratic. Sometimes it ends up on DC, sometimes it ends up trying propane, failing, and blinking the Check light.

On both outings, after turning on the propane it came up OK on AC.

I called Dometic Customer Service and confirmed that this is not normal and I should have the refrigerator checked. I intend to do that, but wondered if anyone else has seen a similar problem.
gmchamplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 17
There is a simple reset option I forget what button on the panel, but its an easy try. Anyone remember it for the op?
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
There is a simple reset option I forget what button on the panel, but its an easy try. Anyone remember it for the op?
From the Dometic Diagnostic Service Manual:

"press the main power ON/OFF button (1) to the OFF then ON position. Systems with the new lower control board are a three (3) try system on gas. On the initial refrigerator start-up on gas (120 volts AC is not available), it may take longer than 45 seconds to allow air to be purged from the gas line. If the refrigerator has not been used for a long time or the LP tanks have just been refilled, air may be trapped in the supply lines. To purge the air from the lines may require resetting the main power ON/OFF button (1) three or four times."

but it does sound like you need a replacement control board.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We dont use AC much, however I do remember having the same issue described here several times when the trailer was new. I was trying to manually switch from propane to elecrric and it wasn't working easily. Now if I am on propane and want to go electric I just plug in the AC cord and with the fridge set to Auto it does automatically switch to AC. It just takes its time(not much) to get there.