Stic Vac - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Re: Stic Vac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D.
If vacuuming while camping is really important to you... and you already know my thoughts on that... look in the archives of FiberglassRV. Per Walthinsen added a CENTRAL VAC to his 17' Burro. This is the same guy that also added a towel warmer in the bathroom. You'll never see another Burro quite like Per's. It's a work of art.
I had some difficulty finding those threads because of the abundance of Per's posts.

I did find this: Towel Rack: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ack-28526.html
The towel rack wouldn't be bad in the escape. There's a lot of blank flat shower wall, and the bath seals up the cold pretty well.

This is all I found on the Central Vac: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...one-24186.html

Old 02-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

I just don't get it.

Why would one drill holes inside the shower ( potential leaks, especially in an area that flexes when traveling or just by steadying yourself with a hand on the wall while washing between your toes ) for a heated towel rack, and run electricity into the area? Presumably, one then need some sort of cover to keep the towels dry while showering. And, as a bonus, one gets to struggle with cleaning the area behind the rack.

Sounds more like a devious torture device than comfort and convenience.

The whole point of buying an Escape in the first place is to have a well built, light weight trailer. When one starts filling it full of holes and adding unnecessary weight it rather defeats the concept.

I have been thinking about tiling the bath however....

baglo

Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

Thanks for finding the URLs Matt.

Trust me, if anyone knows how to prevent leaks in a double-hull Burro it's Per. He wouldn't drill holes anywhere if there wasn't a cure to prevent or stop leaks. He participated in one of the best threads on proper use of goop and glop on FiberglassRV. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-24715.html He hasn't been around for a while...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Glenn, you should check to see if there is a Trypophia Anonymous group near you. I am positive that there are others with a fear of holes. I know an acquaintance who will not hang stuff on his walls at home because he does not want any holes in the wall.

Some folks are most happy when fiddling about with ideas. I like to do that too. While I do not share in the concept of all these ideas, all the power to them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #25

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

Just expressing my reservations.
As I said, I'm working in a vacuum.

I've had Toad since July 2008 and I still haven't settled on what goes where. I'll go through the whole exercise of packing and stowing once again this spring to see if I can finally get it right.

baglo
Old 02-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Glenn, I had so many ideas on things to do to modify the trailer to suit me. I think I did about 4 out of 20 of them in 2 years. It really does work fine as built, though I sure do love my bigger access hatch.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote