Stock radio - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Our entertainment system consists of an iPhone, iPad and a bluetooth speaker. We might add a tv at some point but we watch very little tv at home these days.
image.jpg

Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #32

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargofool View Post
I think the statement
A full two-year warranty is included on the completed Escape trailer.
means, or should mean, that there is a full 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. This should mean that if a manufacturer of an accessory product fails to honor their warranty, Escape's 2 year warranty will apply.
Although the About the Escape page includes the statement
Quote:
A full two-year warranty is included on the completed Escape trailer.
an automobile manufacturer typically makes a similar statement about "bumper to bumper" coverage (although 3 years is currently more common), and that warranty explicitly excludes the tires, which are covered by the tire manufacturer. RV manufacturers take this approach much further, so the trailer warranty normally covers stuff actually built by the trailer maker (frame, fiberglass shell, cabinets, wiring, plumbing...) but not the stuff they just install.

I hope there is a more specific statement of the warranty to be reviewed and accepted by the purchaser prior to completing an order, but I don't see it in the web site. Of course, I'm the same person who didn't find the ad for a used trailer because it was in the news stream...

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #33

More on the warranty...
I was looking at information about Chalet truck campers (mentioned in an unrelated thread), and noticed that the details of the warranty are included in their owner's manual. This is not the Escape warranty, or even one for another travel trailer, but it is from a typical RV manufacturer. They include this section:
Quote:
EXCLUSIONS
The scope of this warranty is expressly limited to only items actually constructed by Chalet. Chalet therefore makes no warranty with respect to component parts constructed or assembled by other manufacturers, including, but not limited to, all electrical devices (TV, sound systems, DVD player, antennas, batteries, etc.), the propane appliances, electrical appliances, heaters, refrigerators, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, lights, entrance door and windows. Such component parts may be warranted by their respective manufacturers, and copies of such warranties are included with the Camper.
I don't have an Escape (yet), and I don't see an owner's manual on the ETI website (although it may be there and I just can't find it), so perhaps a current owner could check to see if this sort of exclusion detail is in the Escape warranty.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
The 2012 Escape 19 owners manual, with warranty, has been uploaded to the Files section of this forum.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
The 2012 Escape 19 owners manual, with warranty, has been uploaded to the Files section of this forum.
Thanks!
I should have thought to look here, in addition to the ETI site.

Downloading from the files section is not working for me, but I'll try it from a different computer tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #36

It was just a compatibility issue (I can download to a Windows machine, but not my Android tablet), so I now have the Escape owners manual.

Although the Escape warranty covers a list of "Escape manufactured and installed components", including the "Electrical system", it explicitly does not cover
Quote:
Tires, glass, appliances or those items which are under separate
warranty from the respective manufacturers or where warranty service
is available from their authorized facilities throughout Canada.
This is as I would expect, and I believe that it means that the radio is covered by the manufacturer or distributor of the radio, and not by Escape.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #37

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
This is as I would expect, and I believe that it means that the radio is covered by the manufacturer or distributor of the radio, and not by Escape.
Which only makes sense. Otherwise you would have to return the offending appliance to Escape, and they would have to send it to the manufacturer.
Much easier to go to a local authorized service centre.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
Thanks, all. Well, we seem to be off track with my original question, but that's okay! To be clear, I had no intention of inferring that ETI was responsible for the warranty only that a) I would ask Reace and co for their help - it could simply be that I'm doing something silly or not! and b) if there is a problem, I intend to inform ETI so they can either reconsider their choice of stock radio, or not. Which is what everyone should do if there's an issue with a component What ETI doesn't know, they can't fix.

Christine
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Suspect there is no authorized service centre on Gabriola Island.
Have you phoned Escape to see if they can trouble-shoot it over the phone?

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #40

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
We're travelling in southern California at the moment and we've bought a new portable stereo for the time being - we needed one anyway for home - and I'll check with Escape when we pass by for other repairs. Thanks for the thought though, gbaglo :-)

Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote