Storage and Vacuum ideas - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 07:51 AM   #21

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Ditto on the upper dividers. Keeps stuff from "sloshing" around. For our 21' "wine cellar".... we just make sure we are always well stocked so bottles are wedged together.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Dyson stick vacuum converts to hand held really sucks great! I'm disorganized so not much help on storage but i use all sorts of drawer organizers, metal spice rack with magnetic containers etc... I'm always trying! I have a built in wine rack bottom of my closet so i can find the really important items.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We use a dirt devil stick vacuum that has a removable handle to make a hand vac, stores under the bed. It cost $13 on clearance and does the job for us. I also keep a child size broom for quick clean ups.
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg and Kathy View Post
2 questions:
First what do people use to organize the storage cupboards.
Second what do you use for small vacuum cleaners. Compact design

Thanks
I just bought a Black and Decker lithium battery. One charge let me vacuum the floor of my. new 19 and then the floor mats in my. car.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #25

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Storage in closet
We went to IKEA and found stacking shoe racks for $2.50. They are 24" long and slightly wider than the closet opening. We have 4 stacked in the closet which has become the pantry. We unfolded them inside the closet, then turned them into position, the width is slightly less than the actual inside width of the closet, but wider than the actual opening. We did have to put refrigerator bars at the front in Mexico due to rough roads. Canned goods kept bumping into the pantry door. The refrigerator bars now prevent this bumping.

We use a 120V dirt buster vacuum. We boondock for weeks at a time and about 1x per week get out the vacuum to pick up sand in the corners. Yes, we travel with a shedding pet and this helps clean cushions of the fur. We have solar panels, the 1500 watt inverter, and transfer switch.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #26

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19', 2009 Casita 17'
We use the Dyson Animal we found at Costco, and it is a great vacuum: great suction, good set of tools, decent battery life (enough to thoroughly clean our Escape 19), and it is small enough to fit in the bench seat.

The stacking shoe racks everyone else mentions are pretty much standard. They rock.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300
Our solution

We have a washable, sticky roller which works fine on cloth surfaces. We have a small broom and dustpan for the floor.
https://www.simplygoodstuff.com/stic...er-2piece.html

We found these baskets for the shelf around the ceiling because of the curved corners, square boxes didn't work.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2019, 11:46 PM   #28

Trailer: 2009 17B - Escape Pod
Storage

For storage, we recently discovered “Perch” wall mounted storage. You use Command adhesive strips or screws to attach a magnetic board to the wall and then you have a choice of small containers to attach magnetically to the board. Because they are magnetic, you can later change things up. We placed one by the door for the dog leash/keys etc., and a couple near the bed for a journal, glasses etc. We bought ours at Staples.
ddevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #29

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Send a message via MSN to kwthere Send a message via Yahoo to kwthere
I use a "BLACK+DECKER BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot Vacuum, 20-volt" . Small, hand held with great suction.
kwthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #30

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
We use the 12v armor-all vacuum as well.
Gave up on the rechargeable ones as they were never charged when we were off the grid.
Inside the cabinets above the stove, we have a collection of things that are silverware drawer holder things from bed bath and beyond. The ones you buy individually and layout yourself. They have been handy when something leaks, the leak stays inside the plastic box. Spices, coffee, tea, salt, pepper, condiments, etc.
The only other box-type things we needed where for liquid-filled bottles under the sink and that is to contain the liquid should there be a spill. Windex, soap, hand cleaner, bug spray, etc. Those two, under the sink and under the fridge were the hardest to find the correct size. One is a cut down plastic garbage can that had the correct length and width but was way too tall.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 19 2018
Send a message via AIM to Farmerdoug
Vacuum - Ryobi Handheld

We have also standardized on the Ryobi tools, so we only have one battery type and charger type needed. 18v One+ batteries. When back at the home base we use a corded vacuum.
Ryobi Tools:
Hand Vacuum
Driver for stabilizers
Drill
Light
inflator
Radio - many more devices available including a small fan and even a light duty converter.
Farmerdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:54 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape 19 2018
Send a message via AIM to Farmerdoug
Storage

Still optimizing storage, but for sure every container is clear to see the contents. Our Escape 19 has good storage but we are still working on where to put things as it's not desirable to empty cabinets to get to items. We have opened up additional storage under fridge, and kitchen cabinets, as others have done. Since we carry camping items in totes for loading into truck, we bought a storage cabinet that can double as a seat outside.
Farmerdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:18 AM   #33

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
Storage in closet
We went to IKEA and found stacking shoe racks for $2.50. They are 24" long and slightly wider than the closet opening. We have 4 stacked in the closet which has become the pantry. We unfolded them inside the closet, then turned them into position, the width is slightly less than the actual inside width of the closet, but wider than the actual opening. We did have to put refrigerator bars at the front in Mexico due to rough roads. Canned goods kept bumping into the pantry door. The refrigerator bars now prevent this bumping.

We use a 120V dirt buster vacuum. We boondock for weeks at a time and about 1x per week get out the vacuum to pick up sand in the corners. Yes, we travel with a shedding pet and this helps clean cushions of the fur. We have solar panels, the 1500 watt inverter, and transfer switch.
Interesting on the IKEA shelving. Could you send a photo or link to the shelves? Many thanks!
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:35 AM   #34

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
The shoe rack is Grejig in Ikea, price has doubled in 1 year to 5.00! Still a good deal, if the photo does not come through do a Google search for " Ikea folding shoe rack "
Old 09-12-2019, 09:57 AM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... We have a "Central vacuum". It is two parts... A pan with attached brush. LoL Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #36

Hi: All... We have a "Central vacuum". It is two parts... A pan with attached brush. LoL Alf
Old 09-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #37

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I see an echo.....
Old 06-19-2020, 08:56 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I see an echo.....
Hi: cpaharley2008... Some things are just worth repeating repeating!!! Alf
Old 06-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #39

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA, pulled w/ 2003 Dodge 3500 Cummins 4x4 SRW LWB
Since we carry a 20V Dewalt cordless drill (as well as 2 batteries and a charger) for unanticipated repair jobs, we bought a Dewalt 20V cordless vacuum. I saw it in a Home Depot ad during a stop in Great Falls MT (no sales tax). It lives in its original box at the back of the top cabinet above the microwave space.
SWCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:07 AM   #40

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
We have a central vac system in our house. Rated: C-
I have two Shop Vacs in my shop. A big one and a super small one. Rated:B
We have a Dyson V10 for the 5.0TA. Rated:A+

We use the Dyson in the house now because it is far superior and way more convenient than the others. With one flick the debris is gone and we did not have to touch it. Love it and so does my clean freak wife!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote