Storage Space In the 19 Galley - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Storage Space In the 19 Galley

How do you 19 owners utilize the storage space in your 19's galley area? Where do you put stuff like canned goods, dry goods, pots & pans, cooking utensils, etc. I think weight could be an issue in the overhead cabinets and we want to maximize the use of the space available. Just curious.

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Re: Storage Space In the 19 Galley

Doug, we only have about three cans total, in the overhead, with the idea that weight is a problem. Maybe four dry good items along with cups and paper plates are up there also. Two pans, a microwave dish below. Paper towels and cleaning items below the sink. Utensils in the drawers. Some plastic bags, zip locks and odds down below or in the other drawer. I figure that the food items should be at a minimum and restocked as used on a trip. With what's in the refrigerator, I think we have plenty.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

We use the cabinet above the fridge for our pantry. Pretty much all the dry stuff goes there. We do keep some of the lighter stuff (bread, chips, etc) above the dinette. We put some wire shelves in their to maximize use of the space. We also stuff a pillow in there for when we are on the move, so stuff does not move about. We don't have use for a microwave, so this space work fantastic for what we use it for.

Above the galley is for dishes, cups, glasses, etc. In the cupboard below I installed a stainless steel roll-out basket that holds all our pots and pand and makes them accessible (a great add-on). The rest of the space is used for bowls, coffee pot, cutting boards, and the like. I put some trays on the inside of one door to hold stuff like soap, scrubbies, etc.

In the lower area beside the wheel well, we stuff cleaning stuff, foil and plastic wraps and other stuff.

The drawers hold all the utensils, and a bunch of knick knack kina stuff. We have a utensil tray that the lips of sit on top of the drawer sides, and slides back and forth, or lifts out to access stuff underneath.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19

We come from a background of multi-day river rafting trips where space is at a premium, so getting our kitchen gear packed and nested snugly is something I've done for a long time. Almost all of it goes in the cabinets over the kitchen counter, with the exception of a few large items that go in a storage tub under the bed, and a few more things that go into the lowest cabinets under the counter. Utensils are all in the drawers under the stove.

Our dry goods go into the main compartment under the counter, except for the occasional loaf of bread that goes over the front window.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #5

Trailer: No more Escape 21

Jim, your stainless steel roll-out basket sounds great. Do you happen to remember where you got it from? Did it just screw into the bottom of the cabinet floor?

Rick
Old 05-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

I'm awaiting Jim's answer, but I suspect the source is Lee Valley Tools.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/home.aspx?c=

You can spend hours looking through one of their catalogs and imagining what you could do.

baglo
Old 05-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

I am pretty sure I got it at Canadian Tire. It actually might have been a storage solution store too. It is something like THIS, but I can't find the one I bought.

I did go take a crappy cell phone shot though, this is what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
download.jpg  
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #8

In our 19.6 we use the under bed area for food storage. We have 2 plastic laundry baskets tied together canned food, soups, crackers in front basket and toaster,bowls,tea pot. Also have a plastic tub on wheels for the other side that holds such things as cookies, rice, paper plates etc. Our silverware drawer is under the closet. Upper cabinet over the sink is for cups,plates,dishes,teas. Over the dinette is the napkins,paper plates, hot pads, food trays. On the other side is towels. Under the left hand seat is extra TP and paper towels. Under the right hand seat is a electric fry pan, crock pot, dog food and related stuff. Under the sink is pots and pans, dish soap, trash bags etc. Under fridge is canned food two pans. The three cabinets in the bedroom are for clothes. The front box is for all the outside trailer stuff.
Chuck
Old 05-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuthatchBC View Post
How do you 19 owners utilize the storage space in your 19's galley area? Where do you put stuff like canned goods, dry goods, pots & pans, cooking utensils, etc. I think weight could be an issue in the overhead cabinets and we want to maximize the use of the space available. Just curious.

Doug
Have done many more storage solutions in the 19 . There is so much wasted space in trailer . I went about looking for it . Under the kitchen cabinet did a little bit of demotion and now have a place for kitchen towels , toilet tissue , kleenex , etc. over the tires . still have the bottom space for can goods etc. more pictures in the albums on forum under my name Pat
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0016 2.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 "Escape Pod" (November 30 2018)
Similar to Jim, we installed a wire basket under the kitchen counter to make the area more accessible. We found the Elfa Narrow 2-runner cabinet sized easy glider platinum (12-7/8" x 16-7/8" x 8-1/2" h) fit perfectly. It also protects the outside shower plumbing. The non-basket area has the sink drain in the way so we put down some contact shelf liner and put the stock pot and kettle in there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190407_192638.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	39154
GoCampBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:33 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I just installed plastic shelves purchased from Walmart, lightweight and holds a lot of stuff. I put my heavy cans on the floor below.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
To sum up our loading philosophy
Light stuff high, heavy stuff low.
Beer in the tow rig.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-15-2019, 08:08 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Made a slide-out shelf for my 19.
Attached Thumbnails
kitch08.jpg  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Nice.
Looks like the triscuits don’t fit. May have to get the saw.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote