Table in Escape 21 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Is the table a true rectangle or does it have the angled outer corners like the 19 has?

fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
With or without the cut-out corners, it's not a true rectangle (at least in the 15) because the trailer itself is slightly bowed in the center and the dinette seating follows the contour of the outer trailer walls. Thus the table is slightly narrower at the wall end. While this picture is exaggerated because of the angle, it gives one an idea of the shape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Egbert-004.jpg (186.6 KB, 23 views)

Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Is the table a true rectangle or does it have the angled outer corners like the 19 has?
I will be interested in others answers to this question. Because of the shape of these trailers, at least in our 15, the table is not a true rectangle but a hexagon (if you have the corners cut) with only the front and back parallel. I discovered this when I had Escape divide my table in thirds and found the back and front pieces were not interchangeable. The back is narrower and grows larger toward the front. The width between our benches in the back by the wall is 25 inches and 27 at the front. The back piece could not be used at the front because it would fall through the two inch wider gap. Now, that being said I can't speak for the 19 or 21 but I suspect they are the same way. The reason is that the bench width needs to be kept a consistent depth and yet all of the trailers narrow down at the back, so there is less distance between benches at the back and more at the front. Maybe this isn't your intended question and you are only interested in the cut off corners which is done to allow easy access to the seats. Some have chosen to have a sorter table , and therefore don't need the corners cut off and have a filler piece when the dinette is converted to a bed. But, even if you don't have the corners cut off you won't have a perfect rectangle. So my question to other owners is does anyone have a table where the bench sides of the table are truly parallel? In other words is a perfect rectangle table a reality in any Escape ?
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Jim and Julie, you are right about the 21. The sliding table is narrower at the back by about 2" (35.5" to 33.5") while the benches maintain 24" depth front to back.
Tom
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I find the way Escape builds the benches... interesting. In my Deluxe Scamp, the table is a perfect rectangle, but the benches are narrower in back and wider in the front... exactly backwards to the Escape build. Scamps method would make it easier to replace flooring under the table too, because it also is a perfect rectangle. Hummmm.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #16

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21
table

How about reversing cushions?
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
While the distance between the benches in the 21 narrows in the rear, all cushions remain a rectangle. If you make up the bed, you just squish em more in the rear.
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
Every table is custom built to fit the area between the seats. I doubt you'll find two exactly the same size. Reace explained to me that the curvature of the mold made it easier to build the seat frames first then carefully size the table so it wouldn't fall through when set down as a bed as the seats are not exactly parallel.

onetim is offline   Reply With Quote