Table up or table down - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Alf your u-shape dinette is grand! Oh dear, it looks like I may need to buy more upholstery...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #42

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
We opted for the U-shaped dinette as it looked more comfortable to be able to sit in a corner and stretch legs across the width of the trailer for a relaxing reading spot. Also when we were at the factory it just didn't seem as comfortable to be sitting with my back to the rear of the trailer as there were some window structures poking me.

Sort of like the "Princess and the Pea" lol.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #43

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
@ Donna - per Tammy 8.5 yards for the 21 foot!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Jan and Paul,
do you know how the cushions will be in the 21' "U" shaped, will there be corner cushions or do the stock leave the corners open, I requested that my cushions be trimmed so as to lay flat against the wall, otherwise they will not stay in place since they are cut too long.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Great to hear peoples reasons for going with the U-shape. It seems that it has a lot to do with camping styles, as others seem to spend more time inside than we do. In 5 seasons of use, we have not watched a TV or lounged around inside. Who knows though, maybe when we use it for extended trips upon retirement.

Whenever at a campground, I always wondered why other than tenters we seemed to be the only ones outside a lot. We do a lot of boondocking with family and friends, and 'almost' everyone is outside for their morning coffee and breakfast, and at all other times of the day. We eat all meals outside too, and evenings see us around the campfire, unless the weather is really terrible, and even then we tend to go under tarps or awnings.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
@ Donna - per Tammy 8.5 yards for the 21 foot!
I was figuring 16 yards for the repeating fabric. But, I'm thinking perhaps complimentary solid for some of it....
Old 09-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #47

@ Jim (Harley) not too sure what you mean by your question - guess I am not so observant of small details about cushions!
@ Jim B - it is fun to think about how we are going to use this trailer! Paul is getting ready to retire ( I still have a few years of drudgery left!) and as we have thought about a trailer we have two distinct uses. First will be for exploring the beautiful outdoors in our neck of the woods in which case I plan to be outside a LOT! And we plan to cook and eat outside unless the weather is truly foul. But we will also be using the trailer as a motel room on wheels while traveling to visit our kids and grandkids - and since I am an early riser I would like a spot to read so as not to disturb my pilot! After years of tent camping this will be like living in a palace!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #48

Jan, it sounds like your usage would mostly be like ours. I too am the early riser, and if I am up before dawn, I do sit at the table and read. My wife is a sound sleeper, and does not care on these occasions if I make coffee inside while she sleeps. Otherwise, I just like to be outside.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #49
Site Team

I don't sleep so that takes care of the early riser or late to bed solutions. I'm buying a bigger trailer with more ammenties because I want to camp at the Oregon Coast when the Pacific is boiling and it's a stormin' and a blowin'. I've done that when moteling and it's wonderful (not the motel part though). Good luck with sitting outside, better anchor your body to the chair and the chair to a concrete picnic table. Forget about an awning unless you want the trailer to sail to the next county. . My current trailer is pretty much a one season trailer, with a bit of shoulder season camping. But, much too small to spend a solid week always indoors. YMMV
Old 09-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #50

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Jan,
In my Escape 19' the back cushions went the length of the dinette, but there is a curve at the end thus the back cushions never laid flat against the side wall. I mentioned to Rease this issue and I believe he may be cutting them a couple of inches shorter to allow them to stay flat vs bowing out and falling over. Something minor...
Old 09-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
...I want to camp at the Oregon Coast when the Pacific is boiling and it's a stormin' and a blowin'. .
I have only done this once while at an inn on Vancouver Island. I just love the furry of the winter storm. We actually did done rain gear and headed out to near the ocean front. Pretty wild, and all the rain suits did was to lessen the blast force on our skin, as we ended up soaked anyway. Would love to do it again, and if in the trailer would be certain to have the hatches all battened down, that's for sure.

Are there any campgrounds that would be better than others for this type viewing? I have friends in Oregon that have some pretty fantastic photos of this wrath, though they are not campers of any sort.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #52

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Tofino, BC on the West coast of Vancouver Island could probably foot the bill Jim.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Jan and Paul,
do you know how the cushions will be in the 21' "U" shaped, will there be corner cushions or do the stock leave the corners open, I requested that my cushions be trimmed so as to lay flat against the wall, otherwise they will not stay in place since they are cut too long.
Jim,

In our 19 u frt dinette there are corner cushions and they fit nicely together. I can only assume escape can duplicate that in the 21.

Dave
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #54
Site Team

Jim, there's numerous winter watching parks in Oregon. Cape Kiwanda SP, Pacific City RV Resort (not open "usually" in the dead of winter however), Winchester Bay RV Park and on and on.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Tofino, BC on the West coast of Vancouver Island could probably foot the bill Jim.
That is where I was near, the one time I was winter storm watching. I have never towed a trailer on the island. Is there good campgrounds around there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Jim, there's numerous winter watching parks in Oregon. Cape Kiwanda SP, Pacific City RV Resort (not open "usually" in the dead of winter however), Winchester Bay RV Park and on and on.
Thanks Donna. I sure do love the Oregon land/seascape, but have only been there in the summertime.

edit: Sorry for the digression from the main topic, I will stop now. Back to the regular program of tables
Old 09-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #56

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
www.bellapacifica.com is the CG we stayed at when we were in Tofino.
I'm sure there are others.

BTW Jim nice shots!!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #57

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Jim -- Wow! Great pictures. I want to be there!
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
I love hearing everyone's opinion on different options ,such as the table.

This has given me even more to think about and toss around my little brain, and add with a question mark to my build sheet!

Of course, we don't know what will be offered in the new 5er, but y'all give me sooooo much to think about!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Jim -- Wow! Great pictures. I want to be there!
Thanks, Ruth. Me too.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
I love hearing everyone's opinion on different options ,such as the table.

This has given me even more to think about and toss around my little brain, and add with a question mark to my build sheet!

Of course, we don't know what will be offered in the new 5er, but y'all give me sooooo much to think about!
Like all the options Vicki, it is good to hear what others do, and their reasons for doing it. Most things will eventually come around in your mind as to what will work best for you. Sometimes though having too many options will see us second guessing ourselves. I know there are a couple things I would do different, but in the end most of these things are really fairly insignificant, it is getting the trailer, and getting out and using it that are important.