Television storage ? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by casejh View Post
We take ours off the mount and lay it face down on the bed. It travels well there with minimal vibration I think. Then it just takes a few seconds to hang it back up when we arrive at our destination.
Exactly what we have been doing . Sometimes the tv might end up at the dinette if maybe we are changing the bed linens Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19'
We have both digital TV antenna and a satellite dish given us for Christmas. It's great. My wife likes to sit in our 19' and knit while I like to hike and visit. We keep the TV face down on the bed and also put the satellite antenna on the bed while we travel. They go up last after we have set up. I wouldn't want to stress the TV mount by leaving the TV on the mount when we travel. When we arrive, it is quickly set up and my wife (depending on satellites) has all the same programming for her TV as at home. I have the same hiking and we are both happy. The bed is a great place to put sensitive items so they aren't damaged. Just our experience.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokol View Post
We have both digital TV antenna and a satellite dish given us for Christmas. It's great. My wife likes to sit in our 19' and knit while I like to hike and visit. We keep the TV face down on the bed and also put the satellite antenna on the bed while we travel. They go up last after we have set up. I wouldn't want to stress the TV mount by leaving the TV on the mount when we travel. When we arrive, it is quickly set up and my wife (depending on satellites) has all the same programming for her TV as at home. I have the same hiking and we are both happy. The bed is a great place to put sensitive items so they aren't damaged. Just our experience.
Does the satellite work well? What type did you get.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:58 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokol View Post
On the bed for travel is where we keep our tv as well . See you have a 2013 19 Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #25

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
We keep a 21" Vizio mounted and tucked away like shown when traveling. 15-20,000 miles later and a good number of rough roads, never a problem. Had to tighten the mounting screws a little once.

Made a styrofoam box to cover the thermostat as the mounting arm presses against it a bit while traveling. The TV tucks in behind the window valance, and the mounting arm is kept folded and stable with a bungee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0402.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	378.5 KB
ID:	41013

Name:	IMG_0403.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	41014

Name:	IMG_0404.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	41015

Name:	IMG_0405.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	41016
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjp View Post
We keep a 21" Vizio mounted and tucked away like shown when traveling. 15-20,000 miles later and a good number of rough roads, never a problem. Had to tighten the mounting screws a little once.

Made a styrofoam box to cover the thermostat as the mounting arm presses against it a bit while traveling. The TV tucks in behind the window valance, and the mounting arm is kept folded and stable with a bungee.

Attachment 41013

Attachment 41014

Attachment 41015

Attachment 41016
Our 21" Samsung rode all over the place on the bracket. When we upgraded to a 24", it was too much and we started putting the TV to bed in the Travasak sleeping bag.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #27

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
After trying another mount I didn't like I found this one, it has a neat locking feature that latches it in place when the arm and TV are folded back against the wall. You just pull a little chain to disengage the lock and then the arm can be swung out into any position. The joints on the arm are firm, no slop in them and stiff enough to stay where you put them but easy enough to move without having to tighten down additional knobs. It's nice to be able to leave the TV cords plugged in all the time and ready to go, one less thing to set up when we arrive and pack up when we leave.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
TV1.jpg  
Old 08-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #28

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
David, have you traveled with the TV mounted to the wall? Is that wall reinforced (thicker plywood) or did you mount the TV mount into a stud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
After trying another mount I didn't like I found this one, it has a neat locking feature that latches it in place when the arm and TV are folded back against the wall. You just pull a little chain to disengage the lock and then the arm can be swung out into any position. The joints on the arm are firm, no slop in them and stiff enough to stay where you put them but easy enough to move without having to tighten down additional knobs. It's nice to be able to leave the TV cords plugged in all the time and ready to go, one less thing to set up when we arrive and pack up when we leave.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #29

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
David, have you traveled with the TV mounted to the wall? Is that wall reinforced (thicker plywood) or did you mount the TV mount into a stud?
The bracket is mounted with big long wood screws into the wood on the end of the bulkhead wall between the bedroom and the cabinet by the door. We'll be doing more boondocking and dirt roads on our trip next month so I'll find out just how secure this is, but I can't imagine those big screws pulling out, it's a pretty stout piece of wood framing the edge of that bulkhead. And the 22" tv is pretty light, when the arm is folded back against the wall I think there's not a lot of stress on the mount.

If we ever find out otherwise and enter the trailer after a rough drive to find pieces of TV all over the floor I'll be sure to post pics
Old 08-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape 17B, July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjp View Post

Attachment 41013

Attachment 41014

Attachment 41015

Attachment 41016

thanks ! nice job, good practical information,

Bob
Lanark Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #31

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I bought the Escape supplied TV mount when we purchased our 19' in 2013 and it has been ok (but not great) for supporting our 19" tv. We also travel with the tv on the bed to reduce stress on the mount.

When I purchased a 15B about 2 years ago, I bought a slightly different mount, the "Mount It", to support the tv in the 15B trailer.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01F2OZ0VM/..._TE_item_image
We still take the tv off of the mount when travelling, but this mount is much more robust than the Escape supplied mount that we have in our 19'. If I was to buy another, I would have no issues going with the "Mount It".

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote