Tip for packing for your trip to Chilliwack - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 10-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #31
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
.....I can't be certain, but I think if you mention "Escape trailer and Chilliwack," most will know what you're talking about as they've heard it often enough! ...
That's right on: when we crossed on Sept. 21, we said we're going to Chilliwack for the day to visit a trailer mfr.; they looked at our loaded Honda for a second, then said: "Go get your new trailer, and have fun.", waved us through, and didn't even ask the usual questions.

Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #32
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21. Formerly: 1999 Casita 17 LD and 1989 Casita 16 LD
I have a question for forum smart folks... FSF shortened. I'm in the same boat ... oh .... er ... trailer as Ellen. Here I show up at Canadian Customs with a huge bunch of new stuff claiming it to be goods for my new trailer ....
We carried with us on our trip only the things we didn't want to buy. Sheets and 2 blankets, yes. Pillows, no. (Too bulky.) After we took possession of the new trailer, we parked it at the Lynden KOA, and made a bee-line for the stores between Bellingham and Lynden. Ended up provisioning at Fred Meyer, for the most part. (They had nice Sealy pillows on sale, 2 for 1, as it turned out.) A week later, I bought more dish towels and a new paring knife; also a couple of throw pillows (the dinette lacks lumbar support)... but mostly we just needed groceries. And we did laundry once, along the way. (We were gone from home for 3.5 weeks.) Our main concern and the reason we traveled light, was having to take things into the motels at night. We had 3 moderately large totes, plus suitcases and stuff for the 2 large dogs we travel with... It worked out fine.

Mary F Onward, through the fog!
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote