Tool / Emergency Kit - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2015, 06:20 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Paul, in talking about issues and problems, two of the big items you may need that are not tools are an extra 30-amp electrical cord and an extra fresh water hose. We have used those many times.

We carry a lot of what has been mentioned. We usually have a couple of stools, tapes including butyl, and an electrical tester with adaptor for trying in the site's 30-amp pedestal before we back in.

If you are at a campground, the host may know just about anything you need and will probably have any tool you need.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:39 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Or, in lieu of an extra 30 amp cord is a 15 amp extension with an adapter. Good for lights outside as well as back up power in case you forgot you power cord. Can't run the a/c but everything else is good.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Or, in lieu of an extra 30 amp cord is a 15 amp extension with an adapter. Good for lights outside as well as back up power in case you forgot you power cord. Can't run the a/c but everything else is good.
We do not mean a 15-amp in lieu of another 30-amp cord would work because we are talking about needing extra 30-amp length. We often need more length to the 30-amp. We also take a 15-amp for other uses so that is good to have, too.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:43 PM   #44

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
In addition to the 13/16" heavy duty 6 point ½" drive socket for the Escape lug nuts, include a socket that fits your tow vehicle lug nuts.
I just checked my Honda Pilot, and it takes 7/8".
(The 7/8 may actually be 22 mm: with a 6 point socket, either one works)
7/8" is just over 22 mm, but I would carry the right socket for the few bucks that socket costs. Very few sizes happen to match between fractional inch and millimetre socket to not risk rounding off (or just jamming onto) nuts or bolt heads when serious torque is applied. In this case, 7/8" is 0.225 mm larger than 22 mm and that's too much for me... even for a 6-point socket (I would never consider using a 12-point socket on a wheel nut).

In a quick search, it looks like a Pilot has M14x1.50 threads, so the 22 mm size (listed on various web sites for the current Pilot) isn't surprising; my Honda cars have all had M12 threads and 19 mm hex size.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:18 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
7/8" is just over 22 mm, but I would carry the right socket for the few bucks that socket costs. Very few sizes happen to match between fractional inch and millimetre socket to not risk rounding off (or just jamming onto) nuts or bolt heads when serious torque is applied. In this case, 7/8" is 0.225 mm larger than 22 mm and that's too much for me... even for a 6-point socket (I would never consider using a 12-point socket on a wheel nut).

In a quick search, it looks like a Pilot has M14x1.50 threads, so the 22 mm size (listed on various web sites for the current Pilot) isn't surprising; my Honda cars have all had M12 threads and 19 mm hex size.
Brian,
I replaced my front brakes recently, and used a 7/8" socket with a breaker bar (I hate those wrench/jack handle combos).
When I posted today, my mention of metric size was an afterthought. But as you pointed out, Hondas are indeed metric, so that is what I should have used (and posted correctly about).

Thanks for the research and correction.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #46

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
What is a jug of cc -sounds good?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:09 AM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
I vote for Canadian Club whiskey.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:13 AM   #48

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
That might be helpful
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #49

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Lots'a good ideas on this thread. Four things I would add or second adding are:

1) mechanics overalls [I have lain in the dirt/pavement enough to remember to pack these]

2) a thin reflective vest [we stopped to assist at an roll over accident in the mountains and slowing/diverting fast approaching traffic was scary until some guy dug a vest out of his trunk; it was much less hazardous with it.

3) A safety triangle (mentioned earlier) [at the roll over I wished we would have had a reflective safety triangle further down the road]

4) I also routinely pack road flares for at night

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote