Top/Bottom halves seal - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #121

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
But, I get my back up when .....
Not worth it. Have learned over the years to just stay away from negativity.
There are better places to get your back straightened when needed
Old 07-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #122

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Totally agree Santiago.

Interesting outlook that prople are often deemed to be 'negative' when they are discussing issues with their Escape

Discussing a problem and asking for help is certainly not negative. Leaping into those discussions as the latest opportunity to do what essentially what Glenn just described is another thing entirely. It's almost as if for some, a problem with an Escape trailer becomes an opportunity to bash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #123

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i agree sharing a problem and giving others a heads up is great and asking if others have had the same problem and asking for advice is also what we do here. Even better if you have a solution or have information on a solution. But i think some people glom on to issues and post very negative posts their comments do seem negative and unhelpful to me.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #124

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i agree sharing a problem and giving others a heads up is great and asking if others have had the same problem and asking for advice is also what we do here. Even better if you have a solution or have information on a solution. But i think some people glom on to issues and post very negative posts their comments do seem negative and unhelpful to me.
+1. No problem with people discussing this or that problem. Every product and every owner has one or more problems. sometimes Lindy tells me I have a lot of problems But there are those who seem to use every problem as a way to complain not only about the specific problem, but ETI, and life in general.

I do think the forum is a very valuable resource. I don't post as much as I used to, largely because by the time I see the issue someone has already posted a solution to it.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:53 PM   #125
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I think pretty much everyone has had problems with their trailer in one way or another. I've had several I can think of (water heater, fridge, etc). The difference for me is tone. I've found it much easier by staying positive and looking for solutions rather than placing blame or casting aspersions on the brand. Some comments do seem to cross that line. I can't describe it as much as I can sense it. Kind of like the old saying, "I know it when I see it".
Old 07-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #126

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
sometimes Lindy tells me I have a lot of problems
Tell us about them Leon. We are here to help others.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #127

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Tell us about them Leon. We are here to help others.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #128

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Generally find that putting labels on people or claiming one for yourself is not positive behavior, and I try to avoid it even though human nature runs that way. There is value in most of the comments if one reads them with little bias, and the ones that contain little or no value move to the next one.
I do agree that there is too much off-topic especially of late, and I would enjoy it more if that banter occurred more in the Cyber Campfire Topic which is what it was designed for.
Start a Poutine, Alcohol, and Coffee Thread in Cyber Campfire, make them sticky and most of it would probably move over there.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #129

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
U
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Generally find that putting labels on people or claiming one for yourself is not positive behavior, and I try to avoid it even though human nature runs that way. There is value in most of the comments if one reads them with little bias, and the ones that contain little or no value move to the next one.
I do agree that there is too much off-topic especially of late, and I would enjoy it more if that banter occurred more in the Cyber Campfire Topic which is what it was designed for.
Start a Poutine, Alcohol, and Coffee Thread in Cyber Campfire, make them sticky and most of it would probably move over there.
Lets not forget a Chezio campfire over there. As I said before, if a topic runs out of steam go to the campfire / Cheers section and enjoy socializing instead of bloating good useful threads.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #130

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Oh the irony is killing me here....

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #131

Trailer: 2010 Escape 13
Thanks for all the help in the above threads. I removed the black trim on our 13 foot ecape today and found 51 rivets and 49 holes without rivets. A lot of water must get between the black mouldings and the white metal trim as the back side of the black trim was nasty with green stuff. It all came clean with soap and water.
chrisliana is offline   Reply With Quote