Trying to decide whether to include insulation in build sheet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 01-31-2016, 05:44 PM   #11
Trailer: 2014 Casita 16 Ft. Spirit Deluxe
Hello helpful people!
Thank you all so much for the quick replies! I'm sold on the insulation and windows.

One last question: I know that the seals on a couple of my home double pane windows have been compromised, causing condensation between the layers. Has this been a problem? I wonder if a lot of bumpy miles might put the seals at risk. (I may ask this question in a separate thread as well, but I'll keep watching this one.)

KathC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:47 PM   #12
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I'm aware of only one window in one unit that had an issue and I'm sure it is covered under the 2 year warranty.

never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:01 PM   #13
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21. Formerly: 1999 Casita 17 LD and 1989 Casita 16 LD
Hi, Kathryn. We got the insulation and double paned windows in our 21, as much for the Texas heat as for any winter cold. (We also skipped the spray foam on bottom.) Even though I see you're already convinced, I thought I'd chime in since we live in your area. FWIW, we have low-E glass, double paned windows in our 11 year old house and have had no condensation issues (seal failures) like we experienced in our previous house - so I'm thinking/hoping the technology has improved in the past 25 years. Have fun with your new trailer!
Mary F Onward, through the fog!
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:54 PM   #14
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
We had one window in our 19' that "leaked" and Escape sent us a new one and paid for the replacement. But then, in my own home, we had 19 Anderson windows that went bad that were replaced under warranty, so we won't complain about this one window.

Kevin & Barbara
Thanks to the interstate highway system, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything - Charles Kuralt
kstock11 is offline   Reply With Quote

condensation?, insulation yes or no