Under mattress Hypervent / Aire-Flow - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #41

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
The Davis just warms the air so it will hold more moisture. Moisture doesn't go anywhere. If it did, it would appear somewhere.
You can use a 60 watt bulb to warm the air instead.
My trailer has been plugged in, in my driveway, for eleven years. From time to time, I use a small electric heater set on low to warm the interior. I have two Dri-Z-Air containers that absorb moisture from the warmed air. I empty them about every two weeks to a month.
I check the water levels in my battery every couple months.
All cupboards are left open, and cushions left on end, to allow air to circulate.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:32 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I use a 15 amp extension cord and keep the trailer plugged in all winter. Using these dryers and a 400 watt oil filled radiator keeps it above freezing inside most of the time. If you get the removable power cord there are 30/15 amp adapters. Otherwise you can run a 15 amp cord inside using a 15 amp power plug. For details just ask.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #43

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
Planning to order from MattressInsider both HyperVent and their mattress encasement (full cover). Haven't picked up the 5.0TA yet so wondering if anyone can tell me how tall the mattress is so we order the correct height for the 60x80 inch mattress.

MattressInsider recommends 10 ft. of HyperVent for a 60x80 mattress. Anyone found that to work OK?
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:04 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
we bought the stuff and then sold if for pennies on the dollar. NO problems in New England Level humidity with the usual precautions of venting and keeping cushions upright during storage.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:12 PM   #45

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeEZ View Post
Planning to order from MattressInsider both HyperVent and their mattress encasement (full cover). Haven't picked up the 5.0TA yet so wondering if anyone can tell me how tall the mattress is so we order the correct height for the 60x80 inch mattress.

MattressInsider recommends 10 ft. of HyperVent for a 60x80 mattress. Anyone found that to work OK?
What about the dinette as well as the front where it touches the shell. I think I ordered a little more for my E19 with the queen bed because all the sides touched. The rolls are like 36' wide so two pieces 5' long are needed underneath which would be the 10' total length. I never installed it and used it for my new E21 with some left over.

Tags
hypervent, mold prevention, under mattress vent