Unique problems - no warranty? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Just an observation on my part but you mentioned
"It is not that uncommon to see semi trucks blown over on Interstate 80 due to the wind."
I think that these trucks that sustained damage caused by wind would have there repairs covered by insurance and not the trucks manufacturer.
I have to be careful to remove snow off the roof of my 19 after every snowfall, if it builds up it could cause damage due to weight and pressure, should I not do this I don't think the resulting damage would be covered under warranty.
I think Escape is being very generous with their offer.

Doug & Eileen
2015 Escape 5.0TA
2015 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 6.2 8 speed
Old 05-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #12
Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Before gluing anything to a substrate surface prep is a must. Did Escape give you instructions on prepping both the trailer surface and the solar rails before using the provided epoxy?
I've never had much faith in VHB or 3M tape for any exterior installation. I do know that tape often leaves a residue that must be cleaned off prior to any reapplication.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
Trailer: 2010 Escape 15B (c)
It would appear that the epoxy only adhered correctly to the panel in about 25% of its connecting area which would account for additional strain on the remainder. I can quite see that Escape would not cover this a second time, under any warranty. Maybe it would have been wise to mention frequent excessive winds when initially ordering the trailer and that fact would, I'm sure, have been taken into account during the build. Chilliwack doesn't experience such things as a normal occurrence. I guess I feel you are being treated quite reasonably.
2010 Escape 15B (c) pulled by a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport

"It's quicker to go slow" &
"You're only young once, you're a helluva long time dead"
Old 05-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #14
Trailer: 2011 19' Escape
Thanks for everyones input! I have had a lot of the same thoughts, It's not a black and white issue. The owners put their heart and sole into the business and are nice people. I don't think you can find a trailer that tows better or that is built as well. It is a comfortable feeling to be towing a trailer that doesn't even wiggle when towing in a 40 mph cross wind.

I need a project, so repairing the trailer and reinstalling the solar panel will be fun. But after finding these issues; fresh water drain spray foamed in open position (repaired at factory), no fuse installed in the 12v heat pad circuit (had me scared as I was camping in below freezing weather when found) and aluminum rims / tires were not balanced (took major weight to balance). I know the last two items are not a lot of money to fix, but were paid for by me. I didn't ask for reimbursement and no offer was made, other than sorry about that. I have often thought that the vibration from wheel imbalance helped with the first solar panel debonding.

So in closing, I love my trailer and have no hard feelings toward Escape. But after all these issues, I have no longer been drinking the cool-aid!!!

(no additional comments will be made by me on this subject)

2009 Chevy Silverado
2011 19' Escape
Closed Thread