US consumer group? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Jim Bennett... Having too much whiskey is one thing... drinking too much is quite another.
http://www.fortycreekwhisky.comAlf
You can pay a visit to their still near Niagara Falls. There's more than just wine!!!
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Included in my horde is two different bottles of Forty Creek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
That photo would definitely lure in the friends. Glad to see you have your priorities straight. Hard to bring in a selection across the border from the Sates.
I brought way too much booze back across the border, claimed it and paid an extra $21 in costs, not bad. I had 5 bottles of spirits, 3 bottles of wine, and about 5 dozen beer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
If I don't have enough friends, I am pretty sure I could make some more.

Have to stock the bar in the trailer well for the Escape Rally.
I would eliminate the wine and rum from it.

Jim......I don’t see a tap for the kegarator in your photo. Sometimes you just want to chase a shot of whiskey with a nice Porter or stout. You have made space for a keg, or at least a pony keg in that fancy storage box, haven’t you?
Old 04-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Jim......I don’t see a tap for the kegarator in your photo. Sometimes you just want to chase a shot of whiskey with a nice Porter or stout. You have made space for a keg, or at least a pony keg in that fancy storage box, haven’t you? [emoji23]
While a keg is a great idea and would be a cool feature, I like diversity in my beer consumption, so have resigned to buying a variety of beer in bottles.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #24

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Good for you. I brought a few bottles of whiskey back to Canada with me. Combined with what I had, what I got for my 60th, and other gifts and purchases, I have a problem. Can a guy have too much whiskey?
You are not the only one! This is just my scotch collection in my home bar. I also have some nice bourbons and Irish whiskey. Including the Writers Tears that you so kindly brought to the rally for me last year as I have never seen that one in the states.

Frank, you will notice 3 different Glenmorangie's in the collection. Necter De Or is my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3574.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Looks delicious.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
You are not the only one! This is just my scotch collection in my home bar. I also have some nice bourbons and Irish whiskey. Including the Writers Tears that you so kindly brought to the rally for me last year as I have never seen that one in the states.

Frank, you will notice 3 different Glenmorangie's in the collection. Necter De Or is my favorite.
Much of a Balevenie hoarder?
I do have one, and at least one Glenmorangie too.

Nice collection BUT, where is all that lovely nectar from the Isle of Islay? Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Bowmore, Ardbeg, Bruichladdich (of which I am depleted of at this time), and a few others I am likely forgetting.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Tgif!

Of all the tunes sampled in this SNL skit with John Larroquette playing Vernon Hawley, Jr., my two favorites are "Off The Wagon" and "Facedown At Christmas (Again)".

Watch The Crests and Troughs of Vernon Hawley, Jr. From Saturday Night Live - NBC.com
Old 04-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Of all the tunes sampled in this SNL skit with John Larroquette playing Vernon Hawley, Jr., my two favorites are "Off The Wagon" and "Facedown At Christmas (Again)".

Watch The Crests and Troughs of Vernon Hawley, Jr. From Saturday Night Live - NBC.com
Not available from my location. Those darn theivin' Canadians anyway.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:08 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Here ya go via Youtube:

Old 01-24-2019, 05:45 PM   #30

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
Cannot recommend RVCG products

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Ha ha ha! Not exactly what i was looking for Jim. I tried RV Consumer Group, but their web site leaves much to be desired. You have to pay to get their ratings, only $69.95. https://rv.org/ Still a mystery. No big deal, but every time I read that it makes me curious. Frank
Wish I had found this post first. I spent the $85 for the latest "Towable Rating Reports (2011-2019) plus 3 Best-Selling Books PLUS".

Overall, I found the RVCG publications of no value to me.

For example, expect that a travel trailer brand will have only one listing, regardless of length, number of axles, weight, options, etc. That is the way it lists 2019 Escape travel trailers.

I cannot recommend this RVCG product to anyone.

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #31

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Gus

Hope you find what you need here and thanks for the update.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Hope you find what you need here and thanks for the update.
This forum has been most helpful.

We are purchasing a 2019 19' Escape. We made our deposit for a delivery on the day the 2019 Rally begins in May. We look forward to joining the group.

73/gus
Old 01-24-2019, 06:34 PM   #33

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:

Somehow I missed this last year, Holy Moly Arnie, that collection is frickin' awesome!!

PS I'm ok that you don't have any Islay peat.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #34

Quote:
...you will notice 3 different Glenmorangie's in the collection.
Good choice. My favorite is Glenmorangie 18.

73/gus
Old 01-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklott View Post
This forum has been most helpful.

We are purchasing a 2019 19' Escape. We made our deposit for a delivery on the day the 2019 Rally begins in May. We look forward to joining the group.

73/gus
That is great to see you and your factory fresh trailer in May at the Rally. Did you get the Oak or Maple?

Old 01-24-2019, 08:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Somehow I missed this last year, Holy Moly Arnie, that collection is frickin' awesome!!

PS I'm ok that you don't have any Islay peat.
Thanks! I just added to my Glenmorangie collection yesterday as I was returning from 2 days in Chilliwack. I stopped at the duty free store at the Pacific x-ing. They had a duty free exclusive version called "Legends - The Duthac" It is finished in used sherry casks from making a top sherry out of Portugal - "Pedro Ximenez". It is very similar to the Balvenie Double Wood but richer and smoother.

I also picked up a 2nd liter, a bottle of Irish, Tullamore D.E.W finished in Caribbean Rum Casks. Lighter than the scotch as most Irish whiskey's are but more flavorful than the regular Tullamore Dew.

(Oh! I'm only allowed 1L duty free?!? I'm sorry!)
- Bremerton, WA
Old 01-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
That is great to see you and your factory fresh trailer in May at the Rally. Did you get the Oak or Maple?
We are deciding now, in conjunction with the other interior features - fabrics, flooring, and formica.

Do you have a recommendation from your experience?

73/gus
Old 01-24-2019, 09:41 PM   #38

Quote:
We are deciding now, in conjunction with the other interior features - fabrics, flooring, and formica.

73/gus
Hi Gus,

Welcome!

I currently have a 2013 19" with the oak interior. We have lots of Ash woodwork in our basement where it is dark. We like the lighter color of ash for that reason. We live in the Pacific North West where it is grey and overcast much of the time. So for a similar reason, we chose the maple interior for our new 5.0. (I just signed our build sheet this week.) After visiting the showroom at ETI we liked how our fabric and formica colors looked with the darker flooring that is standard with the Maple option. So we saved a few $$ by canceling the custom floor option.

In the end, it is such a personal decision regarding colors that you need to just spend some time looking through the colors on line, then ordering samples from the companies so you can see them in person. (Computers can't show you how colors will look in different light conditions.)

Then make a decision and sit back with a glass of that 18 year old you mentioned!!

Oh, one other thing I learned this week at ETI, the trailer completion date is not the same as delivery date. QC needs a bit of time to check things over. Your delivery date is whenever you schedule your orientation. So if you haven't done it yet, and you are on a tight timeline, get that locked down.
- Bremerton, WA
Old 01-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #39

Quote:

73/gus
It is great that ETI offers the client so much selection and I would not want to push any of our selections on to you.

However having said that there are some things that are hard to add or change afterwards. The two that come to mind are getting the extra insulated walls and dual pane windows.

We also got the kitchen window and the bathroom window and love the extra light, view and ventilation.

If your going to do any additional modifications yourself like head board, seat cushion end cover or U shape dinette...you may want some extra fabric. You may also not want the doors under the bed mounted and turn them into drawers. If you have not seen Modifications to Eggscape take a look http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html

Old 01-24-2019, 11:51 PM   #40

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Thanks! I just added to my Glenmorangie collection yesterday as I was returning from 2 days in Chilliwack. I stopped at the duty free store at the Pacific x-ing. They had a duty free exclusive version called "Legends - The Duthac" It is finished in used sherry casks from making a top sherry out of Portugal - "Pedro Ximenez". It is very similar to the Balvenie Double Wood but richer and smoother.

I also picked up a 2nd liter, a bottle of Irish, Tullamore D.E.W finished in Caribbean Rum Casks. Lighter than the scotch as most Irish whiskey's are but more flavorful than the regular Tullamore Dew.

(Oh! I'm only allowed 1L duty free?!? I'm sorry!)
Niiice. Its up to you how much you brought in. If they don't ask how much, I keep my mouth shut. Never offer information not requested.

I have some of the Glenfarclas as well as a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, finished in port barrels, provides a lovely colour as well as great taste. I also have a Macallan Sienna, matured in Spanish oak sherry casks, lovely stuff. I also have started enjoying Teeling, an Irish small batch whiskey. As you say Irish is lighter than Scotch Whisky, but lovely flavour and slips down real easy! Happy tasting!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote