UV protection - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Yes, wash it first. Any auto parts store has lots of automotive detergents, just find one that includes "fiberglass" on the label. Most do, I use Meguiars (sp?).

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #22

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Hi Janet:

Yes, wash your 19 first and make sure it's dry before applying the 303. Most car wash soaps are safe for fiberglass so likely whatever you wash your car with is fine although I wouldn't use one with wax in it. The 303 is applied with a spray bottle - it looks and goes on like Armor All but it's so much superior a product. So just spray it on and and wipe.

I first was introduced to 303 about 15 years ago when I owned a '79 Mustang 302. I was worried about the vinyl interior because it was all black and I didn't have tinted glass. My brother had a friend who did auto detailing for Porsche and BMW's. He gave me a small bottle to try on my interior and I was impressed from the start. When I gave my car to a relative as a grad present, it was over 20 years old and there wasn't any damage to the dash or any of the vinyl upholstery.
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, wash the unit, let it dry and you can then apply the "303" to the plastic areas on the roof such as a/c shroud, plastic vent covers, sewer caps. I then applied a coat to the entire roof area since it is in direct sun. I also then did the windows which have some vinyl trim, don't forget the front window and shield. Done in about 3 hours. On the interior I did the rubber around the door.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
I have applied 303 to our trailer twice this year, after washing it. I do the entire outside with the exception of the window glass. I spray the 303 onto a microfiber cloth and just wipe it on. (Not too much so that it leaves lots of streaks). For the roof, I use a Swiffer (sp?) mop and attach the cloth onto that...then I can easily reach everything up there from my ladder.

I do have to move my ladder around the trailer to reach the upper sections but I just did this two days ago, and it didn't take me more than an hour and a half to do the whole trailer. Honest!

My father has always raved about 303 and my husband and I have used it on our sailboats and sea kayaks...I haven't seen anything yet that tells me that 303 won't do as good a job or better then waxing. I've used a buffer to wax the hull of a sailboat and that was a chore...I can't imagine having to work around all the windows and other little appendages on the trailer, much less the roof.

I think I'm sticking with 303!

Lisa
FamilyFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #25

Trailer: 2012 19' Escape
thanks for your answers! I guess we now have a weekend project....buy supplies and wash our Fort Worth ! I hope my DH is ready for this.

we are the Worth's and this is our little fort....Fort Worth
Janet W is offline   Reply With Quote