Wardrobe shelving questions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Old 04-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
Trailer: Escape 19, 2015: Escape Goats
Michele, the simplest would be some 3/4" inch screen molding, each side, running front to back the depth of the wardrobe. You can get some nice matching oak screen molding, as I recall, about 1/8" thick. Your shelves can rest directly on the cleats. If the shelves wiggle, a small piece of VHB tape on the shelf contact point stops the rocking motion quickly.

Test each shelf first so that you know you can place it on the cleats and remove it as you move to each next set of cleats. You'll need enough room to tilt the shelves front to back, in and out, left and right, etc. Temporary removable double-sided tape works well for this task. Don't ask me how I know.

To everything there is a season ...
2015 Escape 19: Escape Goats
2011 Escape 17 (previous): SittEscape
Honda Pilot 2011
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
Trailer: None
Thank you Klaus now I know what and how I am going to do it.

MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Originally Posted by bvansnell View Post
We bought a plastic storage tower after seeing one in Ron Stewart's 17B. We bought ours from Canadian Tire, where it is called "Gracious Living Storage Tower". There are different sizes available.
We put a set like this in our Boler's similar wardrobe. There are a few brands of very similar products available, as well as different sizes within a brand, so some searching might yield a good fit.

Most seem to be modular: although it is not an advertised feature, individual drawers and their supporting frames can be mixed and matched (within the same brand and width) to get a workable combination.

Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I used a plastic tower storage system the first year, but was not able to find one that made efficient use of the space; the shelves let me use the full width of the wardrobe. It looks like Brian found a set that fits better than the ones I tried.
This is certainly a problem. We found some flat items that tuck in well beside the drawer unit to make use of that space, and I secured it the drawers to maintain it.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote