water dripping from curb side on either side of the door :( - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
water dripping from curb side on either side of the door :(

on our road trip these last couple weeks, I noted water slowly dripping from weep holes on the bottom edge of the curb side of the trailer on either side of the door on our E21. there didn't seem to be any pattern to when it dripped. We weren't using the A/C. We were on campground water, via a pressure regulator.

now, our E21 has the foam underspray, making plumbing access difficult. I'd like to investigate under the sink, but the lower cupboard below the sink has a false back panel so I can't see the pipes below where they go through the floor of the cabinet immediately below the sink.... can those false panels be removed, and is there any tricks to this ? Ditto, how can I access the plumbing below the bathroom sink below where it disappears into the fiberglass riser? am I going to have to take a knife to the foam and remove big blocks of it ?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
water dripping from curb side on either side of the door 😞

John being as its on the passengers side and both sides have troughs along them I’d say it’s a leak on that side.
When removing paneling I have found that it is just brad nailed in place so easy to pull off.
I’d start from the sink connections waste water included and work back.
If it only does it after a rain or washing check the window.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
My experience is the foam does not come off in big chunks, it's stuck pretty good to the underside. Little chunks was more like it. Watch out for the pex waterlines.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
I don’t think you’ll need to investigate the lines encapsulated in the foam as the leak is inside the trailer.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
I had the same problem with my 17B. It turned out to be a crack in the bathroom vent. Water would enter through a crack on the side of the vent and drip on the top of the shower enclosure then run down the side of the trailer between the enclosure and the inside of the outside wall and to the pontoons at the bottom and then through the weep holes. Since the 21 has the bathroom on the kerb side then you might have the same kind of problem, just a thought.
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:37 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and the pontoons are doing what they are designed for, letting the water to escape.....is it really doing any harm or not?
Old 07-26-2018, 04:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
I had a problem with the kitchen sink drain as it leaked quite a bit of water whenever the sink had any amount of standing water in it. The factory didn't use plumbers putty but instead had used a very thin bead of silicone sealant and there was a gap. After fixing it with a new metal drain assembly I still had a periodic leak under the sink area which I isolated to the hot water line to the sink faucet. It had a tiny leak whenever there was water pressure in the line, very small when using the water pump but slightly larger whenever hooked up to a water source. For that I just tightened the threads and it stopped although I haven't hooked it to a hose since the fix.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
I had the same problem with my 17B. It turned out to be a crack in the bathroom vent. Water would enter through a crack on the side of the vent and drip on the top of the shower enclosure then run down the side of the trailer between the enclosure and the inside of the outside wall and to the pontoons at the bottom and then through the weep holes. Since the 21 has the bathroom on the kerb side then you might have the same kind of problem, just a thought.
Barry
Good point, check the bathroom vent caulking too. Mine was running down the bath enclosure and coming in the window.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
Have you tried pressurizing the water system with the pump, does the pump run for a second intermittently with all fixtures closed? That would indicate a leak in the pressure system.
To know if it is on hot or cold side turn off the shut-off at the water heater bypass.
Possibly a leak at a pex tube crimp.
Keep us informed what you find
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #10
kym

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
We had a similar problem with our 2017 5TA with water in the cabinet under the sink. I called ETI as I thought the problem was with water from around the silicone seal under the sink/counter top. I was told that almost 100% the problem was with the connection to the hot tap from the pex loosening to either not tightened enough at construction or due to vibration. Tightening with a couple of small wrenches fixed the problem. Our leak did not go further than the cabinet but if it had gone further it would have found its way to the drains allowing moisture to escape through the fiberglass. A simple fix.
kym is offline   Reply With Quote