Water leak just outside door on 21' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2017, 10:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Water leak just outside door on 21'

We have water dripping from near the door of our 21', just to the right of the outside propane line, at the rate of one drop every 8 to 10 seconds.

It's coming from what appears to be a factory drilled drain hole in the bottom of the lower of the moulded fiberglass shell halves.

I drained the grey tank this morning and think it's empty, although with our faulty tank level indicators we can never be sure. After dumping the tanks, we drove four hours, but as soon as we parked on the new site it became clear that the drip was still going.

Might it be a leaky pipe, either fresh water or grey water? Could it lead to mould or mildew problems? Fortunately, it's not coming from the toilet or the black tank.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution for it?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2017, 10:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
HI Brent- there are several real drain holes on the bottom; we had one on the driver's side drain water, a result of a warped upper tail light allowing moisture to enter.

Sealed it with Proflex.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:40 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
I think your bathroom is in that corner of the trailer on a 21', so I would suspect a leak in some of the bathroom plumbing. Turn off the water supply/pump, remove the pressure, and wait and see if the dripping stops (which would indicate a water supply line leak).

We recently had a small leak in our 5.0 TA at the fitting inside the street water connection. It dripped on the floor under the passenger side bench then ran off the floor to the bottom of the trailer and dripped out a hole just behind the left rear tire. Tightening this fitting about half a turn (after removing the water pressure) solved the problem. I checked all the other water fittings I could find and I found some could be tightened a little. This may be a good thing to check every few thousand miles or once a year.
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:33 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
This is one of the nice features of the Escape vs Scamp and Casita, leaks will drip out the designed weep holes without damage to the trailer.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:53 AM   #5

Trailer: 17
wood floor + water is never good. A nice feature of composite floor fiberglass trailers Oliver, Happier Camper, Snoozy, Parkliner, airstream Nest, and armadillotrialers.net

Brent and Cheryl, do you think Plumbing could be covered under the warranty? I'd check for the slim chance of Mold, mildew like you said. I thought I read here someone had mold behind the shower stall from a sewer vent water leak. Cant remember for sure, maybe someone else will remember that.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:48 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Last year we had the same type of drip. It turned out to be a loose connecting nut the hot water pipe to the faucet. The water ran down the pipe an would bypass the caulked seal where the pipe goes through the shower wall, it took a while to fine the problem but once found it stopped. For the next month it would happen every few days. The first real fix was to install a stop valve on both water lines under the sink and add a new supply tube and nut to the faucet. The problem persisted at a slower rate still the nut to faucet connection. The final fix was to replace the faucet. No more leak.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote