Water under bed Escape 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2018, 10:02 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Success.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:06 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I read the thread at RV.net, sounds like they got a lemon from vendor supplied stuff "There were some installed items that caused us grief and I think it is worth mentioning these (for the most part they are Escape supplier problems)."
To be fair, they mentioned without going into detail that some of their problems were not with vendor supplied parts, but quality control issues.

But to be REALLY fair, that post was 7 years ago. Escape frequently improves their product and I've no doubt that the quality has improved over time. Except for a fridge alarm issue and an incident where the hot water heater would not ignite, we've had no issues.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:50 AM   #23

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
To be fair, they mentioned without going into detail that some of their problems were not with vendor supplied parts, but quality control issues.

But to be REALLY fair, that post was 7 years ago. Escape frequently improves their product and I've no doubt that the quality has improved over time. Except for a fridge alarm issue and an incident where the hot water heater would not ignite, we've had no issues.

We've had problems with ours, windows, awning and water heater failure to ignite on propane and such. All of course are supplier caused issues. And are common to the whole industry. There are larger and more expensive 5th wheels with the same problems we have. The Suburban water heaters are failing in them too for instance.

Escape has taken care of our problems as they were reported to them. Or I fixed them myself if they were an easy fix or something I could buy locally. So I would have no problem at all with recommending buying one or replacing ours if they ever make the 21 or 23 foot 19 style floor plan trailer that would cause us two footitus.

We have had no issues related to the parts of the trailer made by Escape. If I did I feel they would take care of it even it it's out of warranty or at least help. Try that with another brand.

Frame issues on an older trailer?
Cust reports frame issues on the older frames. Escape is already fixing them.
Google Lippert 5th wheel frame failures to see how other companies deal with problems.
I prefer Escapes way of dealing with issues like that.

I pulled up an old post as a response to another post. I normally do not pay attention to negative Nancy style post but sometimes it's hard to resist.

I'll crawl back under my bridge now.
Attached Thumbnails
troll.jpg  
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:28 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Our home security system includes a floor water sensor in a utility room where leaky tanks or hoses could occur and cause damage. If the sensor detects water on the floor, it sets off the home security alarm system which flashes the problem area. The link below is for components of a different system than ours, but as you can see, there are 12V DC, 120V AC and wireless versions out there that should be relatively easy, for someone who knows their way around electronics, to adapt to a simple RV water leak warning system.
https://www.homesecuritystore.com/ca...esult/?q=water
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I already have one, turn off the pump switch or turn off the outside faucet, simple.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #26

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I already have one, turn off the pump switch or turn off the outside faucet, simple.

How does that work when you have the pump or outside faucet on?
Or do you go, run outside and turn on the faucet on, yell "OK its safe to flush", hear the "OK it's flushed" and turn the water back off?

That would make a good comedy act if one of the comedy shows ever did a camping set.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I was answering in relation to when the trailer was not occupied, while occupied I assume one would find the leak quickly, as in wet feet.....
Old 05-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #28

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Interestingly, we recently discovered water on the shelf under the galley sink of our 2017 21'. Quick inspection with a flashlight, and a little twist of the hot water line nut at the faucet connection, and the problem was solved. It had been fine up to now, so we're guessing road vibration must have caused the nut to back off a bit. Don't know for sure, but we added occasional water line connection inspection/tightening to our "To Do" list. Should have been doing that all along, anyway....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #29

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
What was curious about the location of the wet area is that there were no water lines over it and it was not wet under any water lines. While the tube in the photo was on the side with the wet spot, it appeared to be dry. But, checking fittings as part of a regular maintenance routine makes a great deal of sense.
Mary LG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:23 AM   #30

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Was your fresh water tank full by chance? In your picture, see that clear tube in the back on the left side coming out of the floor? That's where the water flows from the fresh water fill hole on the outside of the trailer into the tank.

On my '19, if I fill the tank all the way until water spills back out the fill hole, that clear tube fills up with water.

I had a small leak where the tube goes into the floor that would make a small puddle. The foamy stuff Escape uses at that location doesn't seem to make the best seal. I put some more caulk on it, and no more problems.
goalie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Water under the bed.

First note that water pump and hoses are under the bed. First take out the matress, and unscrew all the plywood matress support screws so you can get a good look at what's under there. Turn on the bathroom faucets and check for leaks using both pressurized outside water and the water pump.

Next test is the drain in the shower. My shower drain was cracked and water going out from the cracked drain winds up in the space under the bed. I fixed the crack by gluing in a smaller diameter pipe. You will need to find a smaller diameter screen and plug for the smaller pipe.
joeweiss29 is offline   Reply With Quote