WFCO fuse-out - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Was going to buy a new fixture but on second thought decided, on advice from you guys, just to replace the LED with a new one, amber, from superbrightleds.com, and see what happens. It came in the mail today.

The Gremlin has been exposed. Original base was fine, trouble was indeed in that factory wafer LED. No more blown fuses now and I got the softer, less intense lighting I wanted, and which was what caused the drama.
Attached Thumbnails
bathlite.jpg  
Old 08-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
WE are glad you are happy Myron. Hope to see you one year at either the Niagara or Mississippi rallies....
Old 08-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
WFCO Update. Went out today to see why my porch light won’t come on.

Flipped that door switch on and off many times, got nada. That light’s been muley for a few years now. Always figured the cause was the low voltage LED I put in there. Today I put the original bulb back. Still nothing, then whoa, I see that same WFCO fuse has just blown again! Thinking now maybe that control center really is my problem.

I pull off the door switch, disconnect it, replace the blown fuse, and then touch the two leads out the hole at the door jamb together. The porch light lights. No more blown fuse, either. Getting an identical switch means it would easily cover the original space. But a matching, single on/off rocker door switch was not easy to find on line. I did, for $21, and elsewhere for $4. Can’t wait, drove into city, decided on brown, at Central Trailer supply, $13.61. All is good.

That’s right, run to (WFCO) judgment at your peril.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #24

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
WFCO Update. Went out today to see why my porch light won’t come on.

Flipped that door switch on and off many times, got nada. That light’s been muley for a few years now. Always figured the cause was the low voltage LED I put in there. Today I put the original bulb back. Still nothing, then whoa, I see that same WFCO fuse has just blown again! Thinking now maybe that control center really is my problem.

I pull off the door switch, disconnect it, replace the blown fuse, and then touch the two leads out the hole at the door jamb together. The porch light lights. No more blown fuse, either. Getting an identical switch means it would easily cover the original space. But a matching, single on/off rocker door switch was not easy to find on line. I did, for $21, and elsewhere for $4. Can’t wait, drove into city, decided on brown, at Central Trailer supply, $13.61. All is good.

That’s right, run to (WFCO) judgment at your peril.
I hope that solves your fuse issues once and for all. Intermittent is so hard to troubleshoot.
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote