What We've Learned So Far - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Thanks for the writeup. Nicely done. You mention a simple human trash can to fit between the bed and the drawer stack. Can you provide a link to the one that fits? We don't have our trailer yet so I can't measure the distance.
We use a 2 Gallon white plastic bucket, lined with a 3 Gallon Biobag (landfill safe). The bucket fits nicely and comes in handy when a bucket Is needed on the road

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
FWIW, we found a (rectangular) bathroom trash can (at Fred Meyer) that fits perfectly in the lower cabinet beneath the sink in our 21. Plastic grocery sacks make perfect liners for it. Rubbermaid makes one, too, that would probably work. We'd rather leave that spot between the drawer stack and the bed for other things... Plus we have dogs that probably could/would not exercise will power if the trash were out in the open. YMMV, of course... And I love Jeff's write up; am not criticizing their choice(s) AT ALL.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Finding a place to put a garbage can is always tough. They always seem to be either inconvenient or in the way. This is a one gallon Rubbermaid can and the plastic grocery bags fit it perfectly. Door closes without any problem.
Attached Thumbnails
GarbageCan.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:13 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Finding a place to put a garbage can is always tough. They always seem to be either inconvenient or in the way. This is a one gallon Rubbermaid can and the plastic grocery bags fit it perfectly. Door closes without any problem.
Hi: Donna D... Neat solution... Perfect fit!!!
In our world the grocery stores are so profit driven they charge 5 cents for those trash can liners. Even Wallo Mart is thinking.
Nice floor and runner too!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Donna, we had the same Rubbermaid receptacle in the same cabinet and liked it. But after the both of us missed the bottom step crawling out of the 5.0TA's sleeping loft more than once, we started to put it on the second step next to the drawers as a "warning reminder," sort if like the chatter strips they put on roadways to alert drivers. We fiund it worked, and we gound a lidded trash can at Ikea, so we only store it when traveling. We don't have a dog(s) so it is not a concern that it is accessible. Now that cabinet is dedicated to wine bottles.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:50 AM   #26
Site Team

Glad you found something that works for you, Carl.

I've yet to fall down the loft stairs. In my case, doubtful a garbage can pushed off to the side would help. If I thought it was going to be an issue, I'd install handrails like Chris did.

I prefer the garbage can be to out of sight no matter how nice it is and I don't drink wine.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:08 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape #2 - 2017 ‘21; 2018 Silverado 2500 (diesel, crew cab, long box, 4X4, SnugTop, air bags)
Hi Stephen 99 -- Following is an Amazon link to the SimpleHuman trashcan that fits so nicely between the foot of our bed and the cabinet. We got this trashcan not only because of its shape, but also because it has a self-closing lid. Our small dog discovered the joys of exploring the contents of our previous open-top trashcan one afternoon while we had stepped out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And Jubal, I'm not sure which Vornado fan model we have. I was at Home Depot one day, saw these fans on display, remembered reading about how many people like them, and bought one. It's the right size and it works very well.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Donna,
Is that a wheel well narrow cabinet similar to what we have in the 19? Not familiar enough with the 5.0 to know.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Donna,
Is that a wheel well narrow cabinet similar to what we have in the 19? Not familiar enough with the 5.0 to know.
Yes, about deep enough for a six pack of beer Or a one gallon Rubbermaid garbage can. The cabinet runs the length of the kitchen. So for me that's three equal doors, but the interior runs the length with no barriers.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff and Karen View Post
Hi Stephen 99 -- Following is an Amazon link to the SimpleHuman trashcan that fits so nicely between the foot of our bed and the cabinet. We got this trashcan not only because of its shape, but also because it has a self-closing lid. Our small dog discovered the joys of exploring the contents of our previous open-top trashcan one afternoon while we had stepped out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And Jubal, I'm not sure which Vornado fan model we have. I was at Home Depot one day, saw these fans on display, remembered reading about how many people like them, and bought one. It's the right size and it works very well.
Thank you!
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:08 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
THANKS for all the valuable information ! Reese also called me back quickly to help with a minor problem. I read this forum to gather as much info as possible!
Thanks to cpaHarley for beginning the process by showing us Blackjack!
Andrea and David
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:35 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Well Andrea,
Hopefully we will meet again at a rally and you can see Prairie Schooner and I can see your 21'...