Where do you hang towels? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #81

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Not sure if this is typical for men but I just ball it up and throw it in the corner �� It's a little damp the second time around but still seems to work ok.
Slickheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #82

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickheadhunter View Post
Not sure if this is typical for men but I just ball it up and throw it in the corner �� It's a little damp the second time around but still seems to work ok.
Oh my ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #83

Hi, Ron! We like the towel bars you made. If you don't mind sharing, what kind of ss brackets did you use and where did you buy them? Thanks, Peggy and Jay
dbljac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #84

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Someone may have mentioned these before, back when the thread was more active, but these "Powerlock" suction cup hooks are relatively inexpensive and work well for us.
Powerlock Hook, 2-Pack - Interdesign 52820 - Racks, Hooks & Holders - Camping World
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:33 AM   #85

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We also have found the suction cup attachments don't work on any surface but metal and plastic. No photos, but we have "over the door" hooks which function nicely on the 17 b as this model has gaps above and below the door for air circulation. Do larger units also have that?

About towels. We we use towels made from microfiber rather than cotton. They take up much less space and absorb much more water than cotton ones. And relevant to this thread, they dry MUCH faster.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #86

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
One of our favorite add-ones is the one inch diameter aluminum clothes rod with plastic ends intended for hanging clothes in the back seat of larger cars. It expands and retracts and the ends fit nicely in the cabinet door handles over the dinette. Walmart automotive section for about $12. The rod fits nicely behind the seat cushion for travel.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:40 AM   #87

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Command hooks on the bathroom wall just inside the door. Sewn on cotton tape tabs on the middle of the towel edge. Wet wash cloth hangs on the "Too stiff" shower hose above the sink. Custom made hand forged wrought iron hooks on the outside of the bathroom door for wet jackets/ hats etc. They were soaked after the "Egg fest" rally here in south wet Ontario this past weekend.
Should've changed the name to Egg Wash Fest 2017!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #88

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Where do you hang towels?

I love these:

They are self adhesive and don't require any loop on the towel. Pack of two on Amazon for less than $4.00. Slide a in towel corner from the top to hang. Pull up to release.

InterDesign Self-Adhesive Dish Towel Holder for Kitchen - Pack of 2, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HMC2L6..._mEElzb0ASTBGG
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #89

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbljac View Post
Hi, Ron! We like the towel bars you made. If you don't mind sharing, what kind of ss brackets did you use and where did you buy them? Thanks, Peggy and Jay
I fabricated them myself. I'm lucky that I have a TIG welder and can weld the s/s myself.

A similar thing could be done using 3/8" s/s tube with wood brackets.

We use the towel racks multiple times a day and because the towels are spread out they get a chance to dry rather than stay damp and get wiffy.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:10 PM   #90

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
One of our favorite add-ones is the one inch diameter aluminum clothes rod with plastic ends intended for hanging clothes in the back seat of larger cars. It expands and retracts and the ends fit nicely in the cabinet door handles over the dinette. Walmart automotive section for about $12. The rod fits nicely behind the seat cushion for travel.
We just bought one today. Thanks for generously sharing yourhelpful hints with us at the rally
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:42 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I fabricated them myself. I'm lucky that I have a TIG welder and can weld the s/s myself.

A similar thing could be done using 3/8" s/s tube with wood brackets.

We use the towel racks multiple times a day and because the towels are spread out they get a chance to dry rather than stay damp and get wiffy.

Ron
Ron, thanks for your reply.
dbljac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:38 PM   #92
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
As far as towels, we use micro-fiber quick drying towels. They aren't as soft as terrycloth, but they do the job very well and dry quickly. Since the towels are huge, I sewed elastic in the center of the length to hang easily outside, or hang them from the over the door hooks on the bathroom. I also put elastic on the hand towel in the bathroom. Keeps it from falling onto the floor.

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote