Why Escape -- and not Casita, or Scamp, or something else? - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2018, 05:47 AM   #121

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, those windows are acrylic and thermopaned. They have pull down screens and night shades. In addition they are awning windows. Quite nice, had them on several other trailers, T@da and Lance. Frameless also, similar to the the Escape's frameless HEhr, but those are glass vs acrylic.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:50 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
At 8:47 in the video they briefly make mention of an underfloor A/C system. He says it’s not real strong and then she tries to convince him with an “it’ll do”. Also when they show the windows at 6:13 I believe what you are seeing is a fully retractable screen.

What does concern me is there looks to be a tank (fresh?) hanging very low just ahead of the wheel.
That maybe the a/c unit, also these trailers have that Propex set up for heat and hot water, like the Basecamp and Nest. The cassette toilet is very convenient.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #123

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
The one I'm with

In the late 70's we towed a 13 Scamp around with very old cars for a few years, I don't remember any problems, only the good times with the 4 of us. Bought a 17 Casita, used it for a few years, again only remember the good times. Motorhomes for a while, then ready to buy another Casita, found Escape and 8 years later leaving tomorrow to pick up our 3rd one. A 19, a 21 and now a 17 that is very close to being a small19.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #124

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That maybe the a/c unit, also these trailers have that Propex set up for heat and hot water, like the Basecamp and Nest. The cassette toilet is very convenient.
Jim I think it is the Truma combi system. Propex is just heat.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:20 AM   #125

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Road Trips

Hi Jack
Here’s hoping you have a good journey to Chilliwack and on your drift back south. Checking the 21 over and putting a wax job on it in anticipation of the Colorado trip.
Say Hello to Nancy and Chico.
Iowa Dave and Rita
Old 07-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Jim I think it is the Truma combi system. Propex is just heat.
You are correct, I just knew it was in the floor, thanks for the clarification...
Old 07-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
In the late 70's we towed a 13 Scamp around with very old cars for a few years, I don't remember any problems, only the good times with the 4 of us. Bought a 17 Casita, used it for a few years, again only remember the good times. Motorhomes for a while, then ready to buy another Casita, found Escape and 8 years later leaving tomorrow to pick up our 3rd one. A 19, a 21 and now a 17 that is very close to being a small19.
Jack
Still have the 5.0TA model left to explore and become an E4 owner.....
Old 07-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #128

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
That is a great looking trailer and maybe just the thing for some people that need or want to stick it into a garage they already have.
I have asked the company to consider coming and showing their models at the Boler 50th event. Anybody not familiar with the Boler 50th event...please search it out!

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #129

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
My wife and I viewed the video and thought the trailer was very interesting
I looked on the internet and read several articles but nowhere did I see a price mentioned . Does anyone know what the selling price is ?
I would assume because the trailer has “ European Styling “ the price is on the high end

Just Curious !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #130

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Jack
Here’s hoping you have a good journey to Chilliwack and on your drift back south. Checking the 21 over and putting a wax job on it in anticipation of the Colorado trip.
Say Hello to Nancy and Chico.
Iowa Dave and Rita
Dave, are you coming to the Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous?

Ray
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #131

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Wow, under 2000 lbs and towable by a Jeep. No a/c though....

The host said it was 19 feet. It appears from most of the exterior views that the axle is centered or a bit forward of center, so I would have grave concerns about excessive sway, especially because he touted the storage in the rear. The top appears to be a pop-up, so it has a lower profile when towing.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #132

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Colorful Colorado

Hi Ray
Planning on it if the fires don't knock us out. Went to the Durango rally two years ago, had a good time. My brother lives in Fort Collins on West Mountain ave. We reserved a regular site. There were a good number of experienced campers with nice rigs at the Durango meet.
We will have the 21 pulled by the Highlander. Hope to meet you there.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #133

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Great, Dave! We will be in site 19 in the Bear loop! Looking forward to meeting you. BTW, our best friends live on West Mountain Ave, but I don’t think Kevin is your bro.
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #134

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Why Escape

After 18+ years of sailing/cruising from Los Angeles to Fort Pierce, FL via the Panama Canal we decided to give up sailing but still travel. Mexico and Canada instead of Martinique and Colombia. We decided to try a small fiberglass trailer, as we sure do not want a 40' motorhome on a bus frame. We bought a 21 year old Casita 17' SD. The Casita was great, small, easy to set up, had everything we needed with AC and a propane furnace, grey and black water tanks, refer and cooktop . And simple compared to all the systems on our 42' sailboat. Gary, however, kept hitting his head while exiting the Casita. I was struggling with the 1" of counterspace between the cooktop and sink. But it generally worked great.

We attended the 2018 NOG in late April and noticed an Escape 19. Thought it was named "Escape" and was some other brand of 19' fiberglass trailer. We introduced ourselves and asked to look around. That was it for us! We later spent several hours and 2 separate visits to look at another Escape 19 near where we live in AZ. Most expensive tour we have ever had!

While we enjoyed our camping experiences with the Casita the Escape 19 is larger, we had the ability to customize it for serious boondocking, and off the grid capabilities when ordering. Gary was not able to hit the door frame while exiting and I was impressed with the vastly increased counterspace. We will pick our new Escape up in early Oct. Our Casita has moved on to a couple that are just as thrilled with it as we were.
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #135

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Two thoughts to add to this long, but interesting thread:
I really like that my 19 has tandem axels. Try finding that on most trailers of this size. Yes, they exist, but r limited.
Also what I think Escape offers is a great combination of attributes, with few negatives. Oliver’s r well built, but they r heavy and expensive and not many windows. Bigfoot’s r also well made but they too r heavy and more expensive than Escapes. Casitas and Scamps work, but r not in the same league as far as quality as Escapes, which understandably cost more. So for me, Escapes offer a real “sweet spot.”
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #136

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I had a Burro and I loved it. (Aw, so cute.)
I had a Scamp and I loved it. (Wow, so light!)
I have an Escape and I love it. (Golly so well built.)

Love the one you're with.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #137

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21'
Maybe from Montreal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
In the first seconds of the video, she expresses surprise that the trailer is made by Hymer. I'd be surprised if knows where Europe is ( or Canada ).
She may be from Montreal.

GeorgiaBill is offline   Reply With Quote