Wild ride - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Lots of unpaved roads in Arizona. Most of them are rutted out prettty bad especially after Monsoon season and you can get in trouble pulling a trailer if you aren’t real familiar and scout it first.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I remember Myron finding a couple of prime unpaved roads in the past and he camps in your area or somewhat adjacent.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Yep, they're all over the state. Mostly, Myron has reported on some up in the NE part of the state near or on the Indian Res. We're loaded with them, but you do have to proceed with caution as they can got to cr*p very quickly.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:59 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Very common in Baja. It saves installing a culvert or a bridge. The road dips down into a wash and back up again. Saves money and heck, most of the time there's no water in it anyway. Another good reason not to travel at night.

Ron
It seems to be in older areas where it may be because there are not storm drains. Newer areas have drains. A new road was recently built where the dips are gone and we are wondering if they had to put in storm drains, maybe as a requirement for money for the road.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 19'
Have to admire whoever went over modi dugway with trailer. I love lost lonely roads of which there are many in the West which entails some rough roads. Pulled scamp through Mohave preserve, ended up having br door come off as well as fridge door so minimal problems w escape in the grand scheme of things. especially after air shocks (coil rite air helper springs) installed on 4Runner.
Question though, my original post said had issues after rough road w fridge latch not opening as easily & with screen door catching when opening. Something’s amiss. Any thoughts? Tightened all visible screws.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #26

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
For the fridge, I'd have a look at the hinge, the lower may have bent a bit or some such. Where's the screen door catching, can you tell?
Old 10-20-2017, 07:51 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
I'm with you. If I can avoid those kinds of "torture tests" for my trailer, I'm going to pick another road, when available.

I understand that camping is an adventure and I grew up on gravel roads while learning to drive a manual transmission: 3-on-the-tree. However, as much fun as it was learning to drift in those turns, I like may trailer waaaaay too much to subject it to the pounding that some of the cars I was allowed to drive were put through.

Not condemning anyone else's choice of roads or sense of adventure, but I'm just sayin' that I worked hard to be able to afford an Escape and I won't be bouncing it around if I can avoid it. If unavoidable, y'all will think I'm towing with a farmer's combine because I'll be coasting along between 5-10 mph and making everyone late.
Here, here. No reason to be cavalier with $35,000 of hard earned money. Rattle and shake can’t be good to the number of gas and water connections throughout the trailer.
Miguezc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Have to admire whoever went over modi dugway with trailer.

Question though, my original post said had issues after rough road w fridge latch not opening as easily & with screen door catching when opening. Something’s amiss. Any thoughts? Tightened all visible screws.
That would be me. The view was worth it.

As for my trailer costing a few bucks etc. I take a different view. I'm probably one of the most mechanically oriented persons on the forum. I absolutely hate to see equipment abused. But I bought it to do a job. I, not my trailer, decide what my comfort level is. If I want to go to Alaska etc. I decide if I'm comfortable and can put up with the discomfort of some bad roads then I go. Otherwise, to me, why did I buy the trailer if I can't do what I want to do.

Our original fridge door never opened or required any adjustments. We use the lock full time. When I replaced the door with the better insulated one I noticed the adjustment was a little touchy. Took a few tries at getting it to latch firmly and the gasket in contact. So I can see that a slight loosening of the latch screws etc. could cause a problem.

Hopefully they won't require any further attention.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
28-05-2014 1-35-04 PM497_resize.jpg   28-05-2014 1-35-04 PM498_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:13 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 19'
Awesome pics. One scary road I pulled the scamp was to angel lake cg out of wells, nv. On the future list is camping @ valley of the gods. Great boondocks there.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote