Wireless Backup Camera info wanted - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Does the wireless broadcast from any of these systems receive interference from the Bluetooth? We have an iBall I bought to stick on the tailgate to work as a backup cam. We have to turn off the Bluetooth for the thing to work. I've thought about a camera on the back of the trailer, but it has to work with the phones sync' to the hands free.

Most injuries injuries in old men occur because they think they are young men!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:07 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baca56 View Post
Hey Charlie, I thought the camera transmitter was hooked up to the camera, yet you have a separate transmitter in the front of your trailer. I have not seen a set like this. Seems like a good way to do it. Please explain how it works.
Kevin
Tadi Bros use 1 camera and many different monitor styles. Camera has a video output cable that goes to a separate RCA plug-in transmitter, my monitor (clip over the truck mirror style) has a separate PS/2 plug-in receiver that has the video out to the monitor on the mirror. As every piece is cable connected, you can add extensions to the pieces as needed to put the transmitter and receiver units where you wish. I chose to put the transmitter on the front wall of my 21 (actually under the shelf, attached with VHB tape) and the receiver on the back glass of my Taco (again attached with VHB tape.) Added a 20 ft extension cable from the receiver routed from the receiver through the truck out to the driver side visor with the plug available right next to the mirror so when I mount the monitor on it, all I have to do is plug it in. Kind of strange that Tadi uses a PS/2 mouse cable to connect those two devices. Distance between transmitter and receiver is maybe 12 feet. No reception problems. Both transmitter and receiver need their own power feeds. I tapped power for the transmitter from the trailer yellow lights, so for camera to work the running lights must be on. Receiver I just tapped into 12V at lighter socket.

ETI standardized on the Tadi Bros rear view camera shortly after wiring mine, but dunno what style monitor they chose. I really like the clip-on-the-mirror style. Stored in the console when not in use.

I ordered it early and played with all the pieces to make sure they worked before I shipped it to ETI for install. I had tried a different setup from Rear View Safety and thought it highly ungood, so I returned that.

The field of view (120 I think) works pretty well, traffic from behind is visible well into the field of view of the truck mirrors, so no surprises from zoomies coming up on either side.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
Does the wireless broadcast from any of these systems receive interference from the Bluetooth? We have an iBall I bought to stick on the tailgate to work as a backup cam. We have to turn off the Bluetooth for the thing to work. I've thought about a camera on the back of the trailer, but it has to work with the phones sync' to the hands free.
The cheaper camera setups run near the same radio frequency as Bluetooth uses. The Tadi systems (now ETI standard) use a different frequency, so no problems with interference.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 11-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #24

Trailer: 2008 Nash 23.5A, Escape 21 coming in March
Thanks Charlie, So do you have a wire that goes from the rear camera to the transmitter in the front of the trailer? If the two components are connected do both need to powered> Kevin
Baca56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baca56 View Post
Thanks Charlie, So do you have a wire that goes from the rear camera to the transmitter in the front of the trailer? If the two components are connected do both need to powered> Kevin
Both need separate power and each has a fused line. Connected by a long RCA cable so each piece is simple to replace if needed.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com