Wiring - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-08-2016, 08:12 PM   #71
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,833
Hey Group! Steve (St3v3) just provided us with a wiring schematic for the 15A. I just uploaded it into the Document Center: Files > Systems > 15A_Wiring-Diag_09-13-15


Thanks Steve!
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hey Group! Steve (St3v3) just provided us with a wiring schematic for the 15A. I just uploaded it into the Document Center: Files > Systems > 15A_Wiring-Diag_09-13-15


Thanks Steve!
Donna what am I doing wrong ? Can't find the wiring diagram ? Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #73
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,833
Should be there now Pat. There was a bunch of files stuck in the Que waiting for approval. I didn't know they were there so I approved a big BUNCH and deleted all the duplicates.


File this under Lessons Learned. If you ADD a file to the Document Center, please let us know so we can check it out and approve it. Those docs are valuable to the group and we'd like to make them readily available. THANKS.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:44 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Should be there now Pat. There was a bunch of files stuck in the Que waiting for approval. I didn't know they were there so I approved a big BUNCH and deleted all the duplicates.


File this under Lessons Learned. If you ADD a file to the Document Center, please let us know so we can check it out and approve it. Those docs are valuable to the group and we'd like to make them readily available. THANKS.
Thanks Donna got it . I also printed it out , might help figuring mine out . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #75
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Thanks Donna got it . I also printed it out , might help figuring mine out . Pat
Let's thank Steve for the file
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Snohomish, Washington
Trailer: 15A 2015, Scheduled for July 8th
Posts: 25
You're Welcome!

As I told Donna, I stopped tracing at the fuses because I'm lazy and I figured if something stops working it will then be obvious what's on common circuits.

By the way mine is wired nice and neat like Reace's photos above.
St3v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Trailer: 2014 19'
Posts: 532
Trailer AC power cable fell out of clamp

I got the attached (not removable) AC power cord and noticed it fell out, or maybe never fit into, the clamp on the box. Also the box was stuffed. Looks to me like the there should be a bigger box and clamp?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC not clamped 1.jpg (163.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg AC not clamped.jpg (246.0 KB, 39 views)
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:46 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,061
Direct link: Files > Systems > 15A_Wiring-Diag_09-13-15

Thanks Steve.

This diagram shows a port for a NOCO G7200 charger hardwired in; this is presumably an owner modification.

The diagram shows most of the colours clearly (thanks again Steve), and illustrates another colour-change situation: the battery is wired to the red=positive / black=negative convention commonly used at 12-volt batteries, but the connection to the tug is black=positive / white=negative as per the normal practice for RVs. That leads to the red-to-black connection and black-to-white connections in the electrical box. There are other ways to handle this, but I've seen people complain in forums about every possible solution.

In this diagram, the Main Shutoff switch only disconnects the converter and distribution panel (fusebox) from the other wiring shown. This means that the breakaway switch for the brakes will continue to be connected to the battery, and thus continue to work, regardless of the position of the Main Shutoff switch. This design makes sense to me, but discussion in this forum has indicated that this is not the case for other Escapes (that is, they need the Main Shutoff switch to be on for the breakaway to work).

Steve, is the "electrical box" one of the common trailer cable termination boxes, like this: Trailer Wiring Junction Box? I added one to my existing trailer - it's definitely nice to have access to all of the incoming connections, and to be able to replace the cable to the tug cleanly.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:01 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by St3v3 View Post
You're Welcome!

As I told Donna, I stopped tracing at the fuses because I'm lazy and I figured if something stops working it will then be obvious what's on common circuits.

By the way mine is wired nice and neat like Reace's photos above.
I want to Thankyou for also ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:05 AM   #80
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I got the attached (not removable) AC power cord and noticed it fell out, or maybe never fit into, the clamp on the box. Also the box was stuffed. Looks to me like the there should be a bigger box and clamp?
Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.